pip medical assessor lied feel so ashamed now — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip medical assessor lied feel so ashamed now

misstracey
misstracey Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
i am new to this do not know where really to start.i have been on esa for 5 years i made a claim for pip on 31st oct 2017 i had  f2f assessment on the 5th of december 2017 i have various illness including depression and anxiety and copd  and disease related sciatica . i was granted a home assessment due to the serverness  of my condition the lady turned up 20 minutes late no phone call or nothing my 24 year old son answered the door showed her in she went through all the questions for my pip form which i gave he all the same answers my son explained he done the cooking as i am a danger to my self and others as due to my illness i have scalded my self with the kettle set the kitchen on fire due to forgetfulness  i do not go out on my on without my son and then its to the hospital or doctors i im pretty much a mess at the minute .i have been reading up about the pip assessments and was quite shocked i read to get the medical report i phoned up dwp a week after the assessment  they  had it 4 days after it was done i was sent a copy  friday 15th december 2017 .when i started to read it i thought it was someone else to be honest i could not believed the lies .she had put i can walk 200 mtrs even though i never moved off the chair i have trouble getting up the stairs she said i cook for my self even though my son told her he done the cooking due to the risk of harm .she said i can drive and go out and plan a journey on my own even though i have not driven for  donkeys years i can walk to the car i explained to her but im out of breath .she said i stood on on one leg after the other which i did not. she said i got up walked into the kitchen and back again crouched down and got back up again which is total fabrication  i explained about my illness i broke down in tears due to something what happened to me when i was younger .she said is that because you was on drugs omfg i could not believe it ive never took drugs in my life which i was absolutely devastated that she thought i was a drug addict then she told me their is no help for depressed people and there will not be i could wait for the woman to get my home which i trusted her in i felt shamed and humiliated
i would not of bothered claiming if i knew i had to go through this i would of just carried on struggling  she was rather uncomfortable around my son  as he should not of been their ,i have not yet had the decision but the way the medical looked its a no .i do not know what to do i am frightened and petrified now as as what to do any advice is very much appreciated at this distressing time thanxs

Comments

• misstracey
    thank you yes i sought medical help thankyou every so much for reply xx
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @misstracey

“Good Afternoon”

A very very big welcome!!!!!

I’m very sorry to hear that you are also going through this “Nightmare”

Please please don’t feel alone anymore!!!!!!!!!!

We have got many many members in similar situations as you.

They are all at different stages so you may find looking through there post very very useful??????

We have also got a number of “Benefit Advisors” who would be more than happy in helping you.

There is also “Lots” off info for you to browse through a your leasure !!!!!!

Please please let me know how you feel ?????
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    @misstracey In which case it is likely that there would be a record of this. 
    While it is unclear how the advice will be applied it clearly  shows that there is a higher risk of harm to yourself or others, of which the consequesnces could be very serious and this should be considered when considering the point awarded.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi misstracey

There are two courses of  action for you to take

First, when you receive your decision letter you must request an MR within a month of the date of the letter. If you have any further evidence GP's supporting letter or testimonials from friends or family that know you well now is the time to submit them. While it is important to address the issue with the report, that will not score you any points. You should concentrate on showing that you meet the criteria for an award. If you haven't done so yet take a look at the B&W self test for an idea about the points system, descriptors and the criteria for an award.

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

The second thing to do is make a complaint about the assessor to the assessment provider. Although you can say in your MR that you are lodging a complaint the two things are separate issues. The dwp decision maker has no medical knowledge so relys on the report to make the decision. In no way am I supporting the DWP but the problem lies with the AP. Making a complaint will have no adverse affect on your claim and may help in getting the system changed.

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • misstracey
    thankyou i shall do x
  • misstracey
    thankyou looks like a long road ahead to be honest i havent got pip at the moment so i have nothing to lose after letting someone in my home and they lied im not going to let them get away with it i will wait for the letter and go from there thanxs everyone x
  • steve51
    Hi @misstracey

Please please let us know how things are going if you don’t mind????
  • misstracey
    i will i will keep everyone updated thanxs for comments does not make me feel alone x
  • steve51
    Hi @misstracey

“You will never be alone”
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @misstracey
    Welcome to the community Sorry to hear you’ve had such a tough time. I hope it helps to chat with our members :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    misstracey you are not alone.  After claiming DLA for years I was asked to apply for PIP.  Having been disabled since birth & have got several other problems both physical and mental.  i went for a face to face examination, was there 20 minutes & in the report the Assessor found nothing wrong with me.   As with you I supposed to have done various things during the assessment & talked about things which were never even bought up.  The report was complete rubbish.  I have done a mandatory review and am waiting the results of it.  I have also put in a complaint to the firm doing the assessment.  If you want the money it seems you have to fight for it.  If you feel strong enough and have  physical support go through the procedure to get the money you are entitled.  There are experts on the site which will give you the help you need to fight.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @misstracey Like the others have said you are not alone in having lies written about you. It is nothing you need to take personally. Even the comment about drug use which was well out of order and should be part of your complaint about the assessor. However apart from this comment made by the assessor try to make it more about the report as that can be seen and when compared with your medical evidence the lies can be proved. ATOS, if that's who assessed you, make the excuse that what is said and done in the assessment can't be proved but what the assessor wrote afterwards can be seen by anyone who is investigating your complaint. You could also let your MP know how you've been treated. You may get help with getting your complaint recognized. But concentrate on getting your PIP claim turned around at Mandatory Reconsideration. That's after you receive your award letter. Try not to get too upset use how you feel to give you the strength to fight for what you're entitled to. Good luck and keep us up to date... 
  • misstracey
    thank you ever so much in my hours of need with advice from members of scope gave me strength to  contact capita who done assessment  and told them about amanda williams who fabricated  27 times in the assessment and also didnt know what medication was  and what it was for and statements which was wrongly made was put on hold and then a manager came on line to speak to me and she has recorded it as a complaint and is now investigating .still not got my decision yet but was told if failed to contact dwp and tell them about the complaint as well thanxs ever so much x

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2017
    @misstracey

Tribunals, if you have to go that far, know that most assessors tell blatant lies.  A tribunal will reassess you fairly as they are impartial, not there to follow the DWP agenda of failing as many people as possible.
  • misstracey
    hiya everybody i had my letter today off dwp and scored 0 on everything  so there is nothing wrong with me in their eyes and i can do everything  i will be phoning up tomorrow for a reconsideration see how that goes just want to keep everyone updated thanxs x
  • kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    It is amazing the so called Health Professionals can tell a person can do things safely etc and give Zero points as I had. Had to go through MR etc and awarded 33 points at Tribunal. It is a long and sometimes frustrating process to get to Tribunal but worth it when you leave the court   smiling. :) ( Took me 10 months from Assessment ( Capita) to Tribunal. Don't give up!
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @misstracey

There is a Mandatory Reconsideration letter tool which will generate a letter for you. http://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool 

• misstracey
    thanxs everybody and thanxs Matilda ill take a look x
  • misstracey
    hiya everybody i hope all had a nice xmas im about to write my mandatory reconsideration letter with the help from the tool from  Matilda i phoned up dwp just before xmas told them about  the fabrications in the report they said to write in within 1 month still very angry and upset over the whole thing but im getting there just thought id keep all updated  i wish everyone a happy new year when it comes and i will keep all posted thanxs xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.