How long will it take to get a decision after claim being marked as urgent? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long will it take to get a decision after claim being marked as urgent?

Options
catsarecool
catsarecool Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Since my assessment I have been waiting 8 weeks for a decision, I called up today and have been told there has been a delay for some reason on my decision, and it has been marked as “urgent”. I was wondering, how much longer will I have to wait? I am incredibly stressed about the wait, and I would hate to wait much longer to find out. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello catsarecool and welcome

There is no way to tell unfortunately. It also depends on who told you this. Did you speak to a DM or just a phone operator ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • catsarecool
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome :)
    It was just a phone operator, so I know she wouldn’t be able to tell me much, and she seemed quite unprofessional on the phone and hung up on me quite quickly without saying anything after I said I didn’t but need anymore help, which is unrelated but I found quite rude.
     Is there a way to contact the decision makers, or do they have to contact me? 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can ring and ask for a call back from a DM.
    Phone operators are at best poorly trained and some will say anything to get rid of you, you might have to be insistant about talking to a DM

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • catsarecool
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help, I shall call tomorrow and ask, I very much hope I can find out what’s going on with my claim. Thank you so much again :) 
  • punk
    punk Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    Have you received your HCP report? Ive received mine & waiting for a decision. Ive only been waiting for 3 weeks & going out of my mind so i can only imagine how u must be feeling. I will be calling them on Friday. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you are In receipt of your accessment report this will give you an Indecation of what your award will be and you will be able to see if there are any descrepances in what you said and what was recorded. If the report sujests prove of descrepances then while waiting for your award letter you can prepare for a MR.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.