Hi, my name is kevin888! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kevin888!

2»

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi kevin

It normally takes DWP 5-8 weeks to put an award back into payment. Partly due to them having 28 days to ask for a SoR and subsequent appeal the decision if an error of law can be found

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @kevin888

The DWP cannot delay your payment because they don't like no end date awards!  They have not provided an adequate explanation for the undue delay. Time to complain to your MP.  MPs can cut through red tape like a knife through soft butter. 
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    edited December 2017
    @kevin888 To go from zero points to ER in both shows the system is corrupt. It's disgusting that you have had to go through this ordeal when they could have got it right in the beginning. 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    By all means contact your MP but keep in mind that they vary. Some are helpful and quite good and some are useless. I complained to my MP when I had no support from Social Care to go to a GP surgery despite having been assessed as needing it. Consequently I had no GP at all for 3 months and no medication either. I was forced to suffer and depend on totally unsuitable medication I had hanging around. My complaint to the MP was simply forwarded to Social Care's internal complaints system who decided that not only was there no problem, my Social Worker had gone beyond the limits of her job to assist me. Just keep an eye on what is happening and complain to everyone possible. Never assume one complaint will sort out your issues.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

@kevin888 - the end date issue should not cause further delay, but as CR states it can take 5-8 weeks to pay a claim.

I would keep on at them - when you call up ask to speak to a Manager and advise the delay is causing you financial hardship - unless there is a question mark over them appealing the decision, there is no reason they can't sort the payments out.

Best Wishes,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Just checked bank. "28 weeks paid  in !!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy New Year, now I can pay off my debts! 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    That is great news, Happy new year to you as well

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations, @kevin888!  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.