where to send Mandatory Reconsideration letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

where to send Mandatory Reconsideration letter

Mol
Mol Community member Posts: 52 Connected
Can anyone tell me the address where to send my Mandatory reconsideration letter to please, I am at work and left the letter at home but want to post it off now, Thank you in advance.

Comments

• jose2
    jose2 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering

Where are you situated Mol ?     if you look on the top of the letter they sent you about the result of your PIP, the address is at the top, I rang them after I sent my letter, and rang 03458503322 and asked to speak to a "The Decision Maker"(not just the receptionist)- they will as they told me, that they will ring you back,which takes about 3-24hrs,though chap I spoke to called me back in less than 3hrs, I told him I'd already sent a letter too,I then went on to tell him things in the letter I disagreed with via letter in PIP report,  I sent my letter to Personal Independence Payment 6,Handling Post site B ,Wolverhampton,WV99 1AD.

If you read my posts ,during my time and experiences having to attend PIP assessment,Matilda has given a site that you can copy a Mandatory letter(with some examples that other people put in their letter) ,you can write about all illnesses and how they affect you on a day-to-day-basis.

Hope this helps, good luck!

• alisha22
    alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    Can anyone help, I'm about to send my mandatory letter for pip back with what I disagree with etc etc, the address on the letter is pip 2 mail handling site A Wolverhampton WV98 1AB. Do I need to put it for anyone's attention.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @alisha22

The PIP2 mail handling site distributes the mail they receive.  Send your MR letter by recorded delivery and put "BY RECORDED DELIVERY" at the top of the letter.
  • alisha22
    Thanks matilda, I will be sending it recorded delivery. Do I mark it for anyone's attention.
  • Matilda
    You don't mark it for anyone's attention as the handling centre know which section to send it to.
  • alisha22
    Thank you so much.
  • alisha22
    Please can someone tell me if I send my MR for pip recorded delivery on Friday, will the dwp get it on Saturday, if so I was wondering if they open then for someone to sign. I don't want it getting either lost or misplaced. I'm seeing my gp this evening for a support letter and with the new year next week and the delay in post I'm a little worried now. As I only really have a few days before the monthly deadline for Mr pip to send back.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Even with guaranteed next day delivery it cannot be certain to arrive on the next day at this time of year. All you can do is send it asap
    Good luck

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • alisha22
    Oh ok, I will be sending it tomorrow and then take it from there. Thankyou.  Also don't suppose anyone knows how long before they do come to a decision.
  • Matilda
    I think that even the DWP make allowances for postal delays, even when there are no bank holidays involved.  Certainly, the DWP told me that they allow a few days after the deadline for receipt of PIP applications.  You will have proof of the date that your letter was posted.

I recall that my MR decision took about a month - but there might be more of a queue now.
  • alisha22
    Thank you matilda, I just hope it's soon, I really do not want to go down the tribunal route. I just hope they see how wrong the assessor was and what I feel I should of scored. I'm hoping this evening if my gp does the letter, also I will photocopy the hospital letter for my upcoming appointment. My physio is not till the 4th Jan by then it will be a little late in asking her for a support letter too. But I'm hoping the dwp will atleast read regarding my day to day tasks that I am unable to do, some with supervision and so on. I just hope they realise the lies the assesor put, but than again it's my word against the assessors. I'm sorry for going on but my head is full of negativity and heard stories about dwp and how they rarely change their tiny minds, which makes me wonder is it worth running around and worrying if it's going to end in tribunal.  Once again I apologise but support around me is also negative.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @alisha22 My 2nd MR changed the mobility from standard to higher rate but only because I didn't accept the 1st MR and rang to speak to a Decision Maker. I pointed out evidence they were ignoring and they agreed to look again. However they didn't change the daily living which is still based on my assessor's lies about my upper body strength. Don't worry so much about your Physio as I provided 2 reports 6 years apart and both were ignored. Good Luck and don't give up. Your points can be changed right up to Appeal but only if you keep on at them..x
  • alisha22
    Thank you soooo much wildlife, it's folk like you that gives us the strength to carry on. I'm going to stop worrying now and whatever is meant to be will be. All I can do is try for justice with help from professional side and my own.
  • alisha22
    Can someone please help me with something. I got my pip decision letter 11th December 2017, now my gp who I saw today said she will have my support letter ready Wednesday 3rd Jan 2018, if I sent it that day I get my letter from gp recorded delivery, will I be in the time limit cause of the holidays or will they be funny and say it's too late.
  • alisha22
    Also I forgot to tell gp what exactly is required, she knew it was for pip Mr, but I'm thinking of ringing her tomorrow and just explain that dwp just need to know how my disability affects me on a daily basis or will my gp think I'm putting words into her mouth, sorry I just feel so nervous and helpless at the same time, just want to send appropriate paper work.
  • kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Make sure you send Recorded to be signed for, may cost a few £ but worth it guaranteed next day delivery,. Then you have a signature on line from receiving person.
  • alisha22
    Thanks kevin888, I just hope next Wednesday is not too late
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @alisha22 Did you say in your MR letter that more evidence was to follow. If so they should wait but you could ring DWP and tell them when you will be sending the letter from your GP and ask them to wait till it arrives before doing the MR. Ask them to make a note on your file. If they go ahead and do it then you have the right to ask them to look at your claim again because they didn't wait. I know it's difficult to know what to do, but the problem is you have full control of what you do but you can't control what they do. All you can do is cover yourself by doing all you can to provide them with evidence that the points are wrong in your opinion and keep at it. It can never arrive too late as DWP can change their decision at any time after the MR but before the Appeal. Once you know that you can keep trying to make that happen. The only time you have to give up is when they refuse to look at your claim and tell you that Appeal is your next step. However while ever you're sending them new evidence they should carry on reviewing your claim. 
  • alisha22
    Heya, finally sent of my Mr pip for mandatory reconsideration,sent it next day delivery that cost me  £6.45, only hope it's worth it. Now will wait for reply from them, only evidence was urologist letter, orthopaedic appointment letter and my gp did a support letter. My father did a support /summary letter of my day to day basis. It's been stressful and only hope it doesn't get worse and have to go down the tribunal route. But I will be prepared and certainly won't give up. I mentioned the lies of the assessor and what I felt I should of been awarded for such a task. Anyways I'm sorry for the long text but slightly nervous as heard stories of dwp and sticking to the original decision made by capita in my case.
  • alisha22
    Does anyone know how long roughly does it take for dwp to make a decision for mandatory decision. I only sent my letter for mandatory yesterday recorded delivery.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.