Research Into disability hate crime — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Research Into disability hate crime

JamesHCosway
JamesHCosway Community member Posts: 4 Listener
To Everyone, 

My name is James Cosway. I am currently doing a piece of research into disability hate crime within Nottinghamshire, but I am posting this on here in order to get, other disabled individuals opinions on the crime. This survey is strictly confidential and will work, in order to make a difference and protect individuals from future harassment and hate crimes. I would be very grateful if you would be able to take 5 minutes of your time and complete this survey as all opinions and views will make a real difference to disabled individuals in the long run. I am working with multiple organizations in Nottingham to make a real difference, and also bring disability hate crime to the forefront of those organizations. 

I am a young man whose driven in this project as it is something that is very close to might heart and I hope that together with your input we can make a real difference. 

Please find below the link to that specific survey and if you could find five minutes also could you share it on social media as the more response I can collect the better it would be when I have a meeting with the organizations. 

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2W879MZ

Thank you for your time

James Cosway

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi James,

Thanks for joining the community. I've moved your post to our research category.

To be honest it's a bit of a confusing survey. Question 2 doesn't let you select multiple options and there's no other/don't know option. I don't know the difference between an incident and a crime. Question 5 - the options don't make any sense. 
    Questions 9 and 10 are yes/no questions - so having a third option doesn't really make sense either!
  • JamesHCosway
    Hi Alex Thank you for your response. I will take your critique on board and when i do future surveys I will make sure its not confusing. However this survey was just a begining step and the options related to the question. How would you sugest would be the best way to do it as I would like to help people. 

• Alex
    Great. Well that depends what you'd like to find out. There are lots of great resources online to help write surveys. This one is a good place to start.

• JamesHCosway
    I would like to find out how much people are aware of disability hate crimes and hate incidents and also how much people who suffer from invisible disabilities are protected from harrassment or crime 
  • Alex
    That sounds like a really important issue. I hope the work goes well. Are you working with Disability Direct
  • JamesHCosway
    No I havent emailed them yet. Im working with my university as its part of my criminology module. 

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.