Ability to walk 20m repeatedly - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ability to walk 20m repeatedly

2»

Comments

• Pat1960
    Pat1960 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Thank you for that when i went to my tribunal I had no make up on all my colour had faded greatly. I only had a watch on. I had loose clothing with elasticated waste on and no belts etc . I use 2 walking sticks i also use a rollator with a seat on it for when im out so i can rest. I am stooped over now with my arthritis and spinal problems. So they could clearly see how bad I was us how slow I walked and ow breathless I was when I got there plus how breathless I was through out my tribunal i had to keep stopping and having water before I could continue slowly. Even all of this they still would not give me the enhanced rate. When I next go for face to face I will not drive myself there. I will get my friend to take me. I think I'm better off using my rolls for than my walking sticks when I next go. I will go in to the sight you mentioned and have a look.
  • Pat1960
    Pat1960 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    I can assure you they do have regard for hair colouring and cut. This was clearly put to me (Well I still see that you manage to have your hair coloured and styled )  I am not a liar I do we're loose clothing and pants for comfort and what I am comfortable in. I did not miss represent myself I was basically grilled and basically made to feel humiliated. I gave enough evidence off all my consultants and my GP who supported me and my MP.  This still was not enough they were asking for more detailed reports on everything that is wrong with me. You can only obtain these if DWP request them themselves otherwise Consultants will only give brief reports. I have rwquested more detailed reports off all my consultants and respiratory nurse. Hopefully this time it will be enough for them and i wont be further humiliated or treated like a criminal.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Tribunals do query appellants' appearance.  There was a member on here who reported that the tribunal asked her how she could walk in shoes with a slight heel and how she could put her earrings in if she was disabled.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.