Hi, my name is hickie1! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is hickie1!

hickie1
hickie1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi im new today. HAPPY NEWYEAR TO YOU ALL.
Im in need of some help with my pip appeal..  im currently waiting for my hearing.   Ive had the report back and again anither lying accessor who has wrote complete nonsense and i have made a complaint to capita about her. 1st she came late i struggled to the door as my daughter couldnt make it that morning, i have 2 dogs and she refused come in until i locked them away,,, i had to sit on my bottom and get upstairs and back down again causing extreme exhaustion,, then open the door,, she came in and closed door which is all glass, so dogs are now locked away upstairs behind to doors, and had no way of getting down,  they were playing in the bedroom but she was jumping up and down saying oh oh are the dogs gona come down. So had no intrest in me, she stated i could squat holding onto the chair again this is a lie she didnt even get a chair, she said i scratched my head, i was in good humour again i got quite upset so another lie, she asked me about my wallpaper which i told her was from italy and she repeatedly wrote this, even though its been on the wall 3 years, oh that i can also use facebook, and had good eye contact the list is endless. I was given 7 points for daily living and 10 point mobility. I put in my mandatory reconcideration and was then given 6 points daily living and 4 point mobility!!! How does that work??? I Need Advise please and thanks for allowing me to join you xxx

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hickie1

Good Evening & Welcome.

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current situation.

1. We have got lots of Info if that will help ???
    2. There is also some “Benefit Advisers” on our site.
    3. We have got many members who have/still are going through the “PIP Process”

Please please let me know if any of these would be helpful??????
  • hickie1
    Hi @steve51
    Maybe some advice of 1 of your Benefit Adviser would help me.
    Thankyou
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi hickie and welcome

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?
    Have you Sent your SSCS1 to apply to the tribunal ?

Treat the tribunal like a completely new assessment, but a fair one.
    You can submit further relevant evidence but it is not essential.

Although it is important to redress the errors in the HCP report this will not score you the points you deserve. You should concentrate on showing that you meet the criteria for an award. Usually the problem is not with the evidence but the way it is read (or not )

When you make your submission, use the bundle of evidence and reference by page and paragraph each point that you are disputing. Lead the reader to the exact part that proves your case. Make it idiot proof.

Please do come back with any questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hickie1

No probs I will forward your post onto them straightaway.

Please please give them short amount time to help you !!!!!!

If you need any help in the interim please please let me know!!!!!!

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo

Sorry to pester you again but I have got this post about “PIP”

Can you please help me with this one???? 
  • hickie1
    Hi I have got a copy of the assessment, forms have been sent and awaiting date for trial, the report was utter rubbish more concerned about my dogs the woman states how i have purchased wallpaper online and i scratched my head,,, and used facebook again and again, that i squated with a chair which is a lie she never got the chair its all bull, that i have no adaptations although I'm waiting for them to come and see me. I just don't know what i have to do for the best. I need to sit down with some1 and go through it properly, as i have trouble taking things in, who would be best trying to get seen in my local CAB is ridiculous... Help...... 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Welcome.

One thing I would say is that absolutely no one, not even ambulance crews, will enter your property with animals loose. They should have been secured beforehand then maybe she wouldn't have made such an issue of it. I am sure you are convinced they wouldn't hurt anyone but, unfortunately, no one is EVER going to take your word for it. Having an assessor frightened is not a good thing as they are going to be down on you no matter what. It is human nature to punish those that make us uncomfortable if we can, let alone those that frighten us. Another thing to remember is that any woman coming into the home of a man is going to be on guard and concerned for their safety, which is why a lot of the time they will have someone with them.

I can't help with the PIP issues and others are better qualified to help but, from what I have read, it isn't about what is wrong with you, it's about what you can and can't do. Everything you tell them should relate to just this and you should not, as I am wont to do, wander off into explanations of what is wrong. As for the lies.... that seems to be very common and is probably, in part at least, because the assessors are not actually qualified and therefore do not have any real understanding of how our disabilities affect daily living.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.