Esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa

Options
northsole
northsole Community member Posts: 8 Listener
hi,can anybody help me, I was put in support group in April 2016 never got an awards letter or anythink or any time limit.I was just wondering how long I will be in it? Thanks

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello northsole and welcome

It is not unusual for any DWP mail to go missing/unsent. You can ring for a copy and ask when you are due, this will not trigger an assessment.

ESA is a non time limited award and can be reviewed at any time. Normally SG awards are reviewed at 3 years but some are being deffered due to backlog.

There was a change made late last year that some people in SG late meet certain criteria with sever conditions will no longer be required to be re assessed following their next review. If this applies you will be notified on your next decision letter

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • northsole
    Options
    What department do I ring??Its so confusing.!Thanks so much for your help+reply CockneyRebel.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just ring the contact centre which is a freephone number now

Contributions-based and income-related ESA

Call the Contact centre to apply for contributions-based and income-related ESA.

Contact centre
    Telephone: 0800 055 6688
    Textphone: 0800 023 4888
    Welsh language telephone: 0800 012 1888
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • northsole
    Options
    Thanks very much.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    northsole,

As CR explains, you can be reassessed at any time, which I know isn't very helpful. However, since late last year, if you are in the support group, then when you are next assessed you should also get told whether you are someone the DWP accept has a deteriorating or lifelong condition, and if that's the case you won't have to be assessed again.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• northsole
    Options
    Thanks for your advice.            I have been in the SG now since 2014 after winning an appeal then the next assessment in 2016 and put back in SG.Im presuming it’s every 2 year’s but after reading a lot online I’m thinking it could be 3 years now.The lady at my last one was very understanding and put me back in SG.Its just so nerve wracking the wait or just knowing you’ve got to do this all again.Im in it with PTSD.Any more advice would be a great help+thanks for listening.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.