Placenta abrubtion — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Placenta abrubtion

Options
mumto6
mumto6 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hi if any would could give me some advice re my son as he born via crash section after placenta abrubtion a very scary experice it will be a year Sunday it’s bwen eventful to say the least he has met most of his milestones but his gross motor skills are delayed last letter from hosiptal says physio have been contacted just looking for advice really I mean I have six children him being my last and can see hes behind not by much but he don’t commando crawl just pulls along floor is pulling himself to furniture so that’s good is it to early to tell where do I go forward plus I was Mis diagonosed haveing been to the hosiptal on the Tuesday presenting with bleeding only to be sent home discharged then four days later on the sat morning I fully abrubted to shock horror any advisw would become welcome 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mumto6

Do you see a Health Visitor? What are their thoughts?

My youngest child was very late developing, he didnt walk or talk till over 18 months but caught up quickly after that! 

Its good that youre under the hospital and so if there is any delay it should be picked up. 

Best wishes!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mumto6
    mumto6 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    Thanks yes see a health vistor she did say his gross motor skills are behind I have asked if they think he has carbal palsy because of his delivery he was passively cooled maybe it’s just me looking in to much but you can’t help it all the Health vistor say is that can’t tell yet he has met most of his miles stones not the crawling many thanks for your reply 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I know what you mean, it's hard not to look too much into things! Worrying is what we do best as parents!!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness