Hi, my name is remlas! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is remlas!

Options
remlas
remlas Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm looking for HELP  MY PIP award
was reassessed in 2015 I had
points taken off for the planning a journey, I previously had been awarded 4 I appealed this all the way to tribunal but lost my appeal the DWP DMs reason was that
i could drive which required cognitive dexterity and concentration , I have severe anxiety and depression and need to be prompted in fact almost dragged out the house , I very occasionally go out in my car to the local shop, my mental health issues were not even mentioned. Having failed at tribunal I didn't think there was much I could do I couldn't face taking it further .my next assesement was in October 2016 this was a fiasco I was awarded zero points in any sections. I asked for a mandatory reconsideration in November which gave me points in both sections but not enough for an award, once again the no cognitive etc argument was used because i drive
a car which is not modified I was not awarded any points and my mental health issues were not taken into account. At tribunal the following and planning a journeye wasnt even mentioned although I 
I did score 8 in the daily living and 8'in mobility I.e walking.  I suppose my questions are 1 does the decision to remove the for reasons other than psychological clause mean that my claim will be looked at again bearing in mind my assesement medical was in October but was not looked at by a DM until 10 Nov .
and 2 should I ask for my claim to be reassessed bearing in mind I could end up with zero points and have to go through the whole procedure again.  Any input appreciated 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @remlas, and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about your PIP experience and that you've been through the tribunal with limited success. It's a difficult one to advise on- as you say, there's no telling whether you could end up with more or fewer points than you started with. Hopefully our other community members can offer their views, and you may also like to look through our existing PIP/DLA discussions to find those in similar situations.
  • remlas
    remlas Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you. I I will have a look

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.