Home visit denied from PIP but allowed by ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home visit denied from PIP but allowed by ESA

PJLUFC
PJLUFC Community member Posts: 22 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I have been told by PIP I cannot have a home visit but was granted one by ESA .
I have Fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis which triggers my Bronchial Asthma when stressed also my anxiety levels .I have found ringing them up to explain a bit off putting as they seem to try and goad you into become stressed .
The thing is I can not get anyone to go to the assessment with and can not use public transport or taxis ,They are saying because I have visited my Doctors in the past that I do not meet their criteria ,I am stressed to the max which is triggering my Fibro and anxiety and having to have home visits from my Doctors now due to feeling really poorly and the pain is unbearable and anxiety levels and depression causing My Asthma and everything to flare .
The thing is why would one allow it and not the other can anyone shed some light or help on the matter Ty.

Comments

• PJLUFC
    Thank you very much Mike for your info and I appreciate it and i will look into it and get in touch with them and more .
  • PJLUFC
    Hi again Mike ,I have sent pip an e mail telling them the reasons why I cannot attend and they cancelled my appointment and said they would look into it ,They sent me 2 letters in the same day on the 1/02/18 one stating that I did not have to do anything and they were looking into more medical information ,It states in the letter that they have done this to make sure the report they send to DWP is fair and accurate .
    The other letter states that they have looked at my case and they still need to see me ,I sent them an e mail and the one they sent back is baffling ,They have rang me now 3/02/18 to book an appointment ,I asked the lad to send me an e mail as to why they can,t see me face to face he said he can,t do that but he could tell me over the phone that because they were unable to contact my doctors by phone or e mail they would have to see me face to face .
    I did put aggressive with situations on my form  when in pain and forgetting what I want to say with myself and do not have any history for violence or threatening behaviour to other people .
    Now for them to force through a face to face without them seeking further information seems very bullyish and totally wrong in procedure and really is bending my mind and making me ill ,Two letters stating different and then to be told they could not get the information because the surgery as not got back to them is appalling in my eyes .
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    @PJLUFC, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience-it sounds like this process has been quite complicated and time-consuming for you. Do keep us updated when you hear more and we'll offer support/advice where we can. 
  • PJLUFC
    I will do and thank you for the message Pippa ,I really cannot believe they can still go ahead with a face to face and decline a home visit when they still have not obtained more medical evidence by saying the surgery has not got back to them by phone or e mail .

• PJLUFC
    I received the exact same letters today 5/02/18 what they sent out on the 1/02/18 it seems like a mind game technique and bullying tactic either for me to drop my claim .
    I honestly think they are obviously trained to do this as when speaking to them on the phones they are really pushy and seem to want to goad you into confrontation .
  • PJLUFC
    Cheers Mike I will look into it further ,What would you suggest ringing them or just write the letter .
    I,m a bit confused on it tbh and not really clued up but really appreciate your time .
  • PJLUFC
    Cheers Mike i,m browsing a site bow and reading up on f2f and ea10 and it is unbelievable what I,m reading on how PIP work and try to deceive ,I know I,m been a nuisance where would I get an EA10 letter or do I write a letter referring that it is an EA10  letter ,Once again ty very much .
  • PJLUFC
    browsing a site now that should have said .
  • PJLUFC
    Yes it is quite unbelievable Lillybelle and certain friends did warn me about PIP but I never thought for one bit it would be like this .
  • PJLUFC
    Cheers Mike I will do that and really appreciate your messages and everyones support and feedback and help it as lifted me tbh .
  • PJLUFC
    Received an e mail back from PIP and they are saying they spoke to my doctor and he said he would not speak to them without consent which they say they all ready had .Now I find this funny because the doctors have all ways been willing to help them when they have supposedly needed evidence previously .
    They also stated because of this they had sent a letter requesting the evidence but not received a reply yet ,My brother as sent mail back requesting a copy of letter for me to give to a doctor on a home visit from him .
    In one paragraph in one of the letters they sent me it states that they are writing to let me know they have asked for further information from people involved in my treatment and care to make sure the assessment report they send to the DWP about my case is fair and accurate .
    When I applied for pip I sent them the info from the ESA assessor which goes aloong with DWP guide lines ,I find it hard that they are unwilling to wait for the doctors report from the letter and force a F2F on me knowing full well there is possible evidence waiting for them .
  • PJLUFC
    I totally agree Lillybelle and Mike the thing is on other phone call to PIP they have said we rang your doctors blardy blah etc and they seemed to have got it when it suited them which makes me think or smells like BS coming from PIP therefore misleading me or backing me into a corner .
    Once again Mike and Lillybelle thanks for the messages and deffo going down the EA10 route cheers Mike .
  • PJLUFC
    It just gets better they sent an e mail to say they don,t keep copies of letters they have sent to my doctor requesting the supposed medical evidence .
    They gave me a phone number to ring DWP I rang the number and Patricia could not find anything seeming quite baffled and then passed onto Sean who was quite nice and understanding and seemed to think it was a pass the buck or start of a merry go round saga like myself .
    On the whole a total waste of time very baffling and not helpful one bit and not good for the stress factor ,Total and utter Sham company PIP .
  • PJLUFC
    it seems that way mike i rang atos back he told me to ring them back asking for a subject access request on which she as had to ask her line manager as she as never heard of that request .
    atos have denied RA and just spoke to lass from dwp she said i have to write in to ask for letter and gave me details etc but told me it may take upto 40 days for them to send letter back lol .
    I have f2f on 16/02/18 so waiting to provide further evidence getting the letter is a no go and seems they have it boxed off on that one 
    Not to worry home visit from doctor tomorrow and hopefully they may do me a new letter if not the EA10 is all ready to send ty Mike .
  • PJLUFC
    Another stumbling block they have brought up ,I was honest in filling form out and mentioned the word aggressive 3 times .
    Now once again I have no history of violence and my home visit from ESA did not state any aggression ,,Obviously pain causes people to become irate and as i have stated to them Anxiety (fight /flight syndrome makes people aggressive in both stages )I have stated that I become aggressive when people persist in selling me rubbish or will not listen to me friends or family winding me up about been in bed most of the time or i am in pain .
    I have told them I welcome people who understand my Illness with open arms and my brother who works in the care sector who understands and helps me with everything ,But once again they have picked up on my honesty and using it against me .
    I feel that people will in future refuse to express how they feel and this could work against them drastically on a HV .
    Once again Mike can I ask if it,s pointless writing the EA10 letter now or have they got good grounds to refuse a HV ,In one e mail they have stated this but contradicted themselves by saying they are looking at further medical evidence because I am getting HV from my doctor so they may be able to provide one .
  • PJLUFC
    It worked Mike ty very much ,they have agreed to a home visit but that was a horrible experience i have never felt so low in my life and i personally believe there customer services have lied on many occasion and are disgusting .
    I asked them eventually if they were doctors or if they had any medical experience the call centre workers as they are so ignorant and like to play god it seems .
    I honestly had given up hope but during the last days leading up to a f2f i think they realised i was willing to go that bit extra ,Once again I appreciate your advice and everybody,s feedback .
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been good @PJLUFC, unfortunately I'm sure many of our members will be able to relate to your story. Glad to hear that you've managed to sort a home visit, I really hope it goes well!
  • PJLUFC
    Thanks Pippa and hopefully it does go well. and I hope it encourages others not to let them bully anyone in deciding to stop the claim and get good advice like I did.
    I,m really glad I searched the net and came on this site .
  • Icon_Missing
    Icon_Missing Community member Posts: 9 Listener

If they ever mention aggressive then point them to this article http://https//www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/grandad-62-battered-six-foot-13223567

Hello all, newbie here looking for similar advice, the only difference being that I am married to a severely disable wife who self harms and has suicidal tendencies. They have refused me a  home visit, I complained to the DWP who said they would sort matters out and today I get another appointment for 1st April (taking the you-know-what?)

I physically cannot drive the 90 minute journey to the assessment centre let alone do it twice in order to get home because of the pain I'm constantly in, we live in a rural part of Cumbria, the assessment centre is in Lancaster. My pain relief means I can become drowsy and the second pain killer can cause hallucinations, should make for an interesting drive down the M6! Any help would be most appreciated

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you rang the health assessment providers? If not try ringing them because face to face assessments are nothing to do with DWP and they don't arrange them. It's nothing to do with DWP until the report has been returned to them. You will need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why a home assessment is needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.