Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
Dipper41
Dipper41 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I lodged appeal to my pip to do with my walking.
But on thursday of this week i have been toll i have anginera.
The tribunal does not no this .do i need to tell them 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you had the symptoms of this at the time of the assessment and you told them then yes, they'll take it into consideration. If you didn't then no, the Tribunal won't take it into consideration. Good luck with the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Dipper41Dipper41,

It is worth telling the tribunal, as Poppy suggests, if you had the symptoms at the time the PIP decision was made. They should pass this information on to the DWP as well (sometimes this can even lead to a decision being changed before you get to tribunal).  I would bear in mind that you don't get PIP because you have particular conditions. But if you have angina, that may mean some of the PIP activities pose a risk to you, and this should be taken into account.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• phily123
    phily123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi I just lost my pips appeal with 8 points do any one know how many you need please thanks 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi phily123, 

There are two components - daily living and mobility. Your total points from the 10 daily living activities needs to add up to between 8 and 11 to get the standard rate and 12 or more to get the enhanced rate of the daily living component.
    Your total points from the 2 mobility activities needs to add up to between 8 and 11 points to get the standard rate and 12 or more to get the enhanced rate of the mobility component.
    You may get either or both components depending on the amount of points you score for each of them.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• phily123
    phily123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the reply I Will reapple 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.