Pip Assessors Report . Review the claim again in ? years . — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Assessors Report . Review the claim again in ? years .

dottydotty
dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi   On my PIP  Assessors  report the last page has a section -." Based on the claimants  likely future  circumstances ,it would be appropriate to review the claim again in ?  years ".      Mine says review award again in 8 years ,   Does this sound right .?    I will be  72  in 8 years time,  i did wonder if it was meant to be  8 months as I will have reached 65 in 8 months time .  Hope this makes  sense .

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @dottydotty

Hopefully our benefits advisor will be able to comment soon. Have you contacted the department to check if it is correct?
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @dottydotty, You don't really need to know what it means as the timescale is on the decision and may be changed anyway. I'm 67 and the assessor said 3 years till review but the decision maker changed it to 4 years. The timescale they give you could be that they expect a claimant to get better but for old fogies like you and me (only joking) they expect you to get worse. If you question the timescale they will say it's just to check you're getting the right amount of benefit. Once you're given PIP you're on it for life unless your condition changes for the better. They don't review it just because you turn 65 and they wouldn't give anyone PIP for only 8 months. I don't know if you've got your decision letter yet. If you have check what the timescale is on there. If not wait till you get it and then compare it to what the assessor has suggested.     
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    wildlife said:
    @dottydotty, You don't really need to know what it means as the timescale is on the decision and may be changed anyway. I'm 67 and the assessor said 3 years till review but the decision maker changed it to 4 years. The timescale they give you could be that they expect a claimant to get better but for old fogies like you and me (only joking) they expect you to get worse. If you question the timescale they will say it's just to check you're getting the right amount of benefit. Once you're given PIP you're on it for life unless your condition changes for the better. They don't review it just because you turn 65 and they wouldn't give anyone PIP for only 8 months. I don't know if you've got your decision letter yet. If you have check what the timescale is on there. If not wait till you get it and then compare it to what the assessor has suggested.     
    im 64 award for 3years now review at two years  no way in the world can i get better  dwp think im ill capita think an opinion will give me a new life ????so the old fogey bit does not cover me hahahaha
  • dottydotty

wildlife  Thankyou  the assessor cured  all my ailments and said I will remain fully intact for another 8 years ,, consequently my award for both care and mobility has been taken  away from me . Just wondered if 8 years seemed a long time ?, and if the assessor realised that in 8years time I wouldn't qualify for Pip anyway .  

• dottydotty
    Also  have been reading a few articles about Capita assesssors  purposely withioding medical evidence or not asking  requesting it at  the assessment .This may have been my downfall along with the ommissions  /discrepancies .   The Dwp  decision maker  said as much in her write up on"  how she made her decision."   .  MR  is underway and a huge pile of medical papers sent with it .  Along with complaint to Capita .
  • dottydotty
    maid08  Hope you get to keep your award .  Have you had your assessment .
  • wildlife
    @dottydotty good luck with your MR. It sounds like you are doing all you can in the face of lying, cheating assessors. Atos assessors are just as bad and they're all getting away with it. Let's hope things change soon. It's gone on far too long. I'll be 70 when I'm assessed and I absolutely know I was robbed of 3 years of higher rate Daily Living because the assessor lied about my upper body strength and falsified exam results. I should be grateful for what I got when there are others who are robbed of any award when they desperately need it. It's criminal. However no matter how much or little you've lost out on the feelings of injustice are still the same and every time the pain hits me when I'm struggling to prepare veg. or feeling unsteady when letting go of the one and only rail I have in the shower to wash I think about how I was treated. Don't they know you need 2 hands to wash your hair in a shower!!!!!! Of course they do they just choose to forget it as it doesn't fit their plan to keep you off benefit. Rant over....  
  • dottydotty

wildlife  the assessor put review again in  8 years ,  the decision maker hasn't  altered it . My award should have run until this July , But award ended abruptly . I am of the opinion assessor has got my report mixed up with another .reasons I am referred to as a HE in the observation , and also in a couple of descriptors  reasons . plus other random observations . Could this be possible ?  it was the Friday before  New Years bank holiday weekend  and he was in a rush ?

• dottydotty
    wildlife  you are so right , 2 hands to wash your hair , I have reduced mobility in both arms and cannot wash my own hair , but assessor seems to think I can . Last assessment got high rate care low mobility . and now zero . it makes a mockery of the whole system . RM decision is eagerly awaited  but I am not hopeful .  I cant fight what my assessor has reported as he is very high ranking . or was . They wont take my word against his .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,922 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi   On my PIP  Assessors  report the last page has a section -." Based on the claimants  likely future  circumstances ,it would be appropriate to review the claim again in ?  years ".      Mine says review award again in 8 years ,   Does this sound right .?    I will be  72  in 8 years time,  i did wonder if it was meant to be  8 months as I will have reached 65 in 8 months time .  Hope this makes  sense .
    HI,
    With PIP you will continue to be re-assessed regardless of age, unlike DLA. With DLA when you reached 65 you were no longer re-assessed and you kep that award. The amount of time it states on your award letter is correct and you will be re-assessed 1 year before that award is due to end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dottydotty

poppy123456  hi   yes  my last award was for 4 years  should have ended june ,2018.,I was reassessed in Dec 2017 and my award was stopped scored only 2 points ? ,,  and the assessors  suggested time for review 8 years . I just cant fathom this out . after being on  ESA  DLA and then PIP. .

• maid08
    maid08  Hope you get to keep your award .  Have you had your assessment .
    nope its now on5 march but i will give a guarantee i lose it because im not going to play games the aceser will give me full name  profession reg number or they are hitting the garden path and a note taken of reg of car and search done for insurance company to see if insured for business use   easy to do when u know the right people if not will report for no insurance and hit run  i can lie to to ruin someone's life capita bailifs mostly have no insurance for work use

• maid08

wildlife  Thankyou  the assessor cured  all my ailments and said I will remain fully intact for another 8 years ,, consequently my award for both care and mobility has been taken  away from me . Just wondered if 8 years seemed a long time ?, and if the assessor realised that in 8years time I wouldn't qualify for Pip anyway .  

brill you recovered so fast just meeting acesser  we need to get you on teli  and in all nat papers christ that person can cure us all and no need for hospitals doctors consultants just use them  capita atos will make a kiling  one word cures all 
  • dottydotty
    maido8  you sound as if you have the fighting  spirit and an investigative mind , Good luck  for 5th March.
  • maid08
    maido8  you sound as if you have the fighting  spirit and an investigative mind , Good luck  for 5th March.
    my coment was what i gave capita and dwp before i threw myself against the wall they thought i was being a clever ****  and ended call but im finding hard to fight now   i do not want another stroke like last time this rubbish was happening

• maid08
    i have fought all my life it seems BUT WHY  ??did i ask to be so ill or so worn down  did i ask to bury my son father sister to the same illness did my brother ask the same as he worse than i am ???i need to chart with your acesser can u give me his name and reg number??this would be funny if not so sick a joke on us

• maid08
    i said to capita and dwp the same thing about acesser they did not like it and hung up on me   seems the only joke they like is destroying us

• dottydotty

maid08    so sorry for all your losses . Your health will have taken a tumble .Do they ever stop to think how life  events effects us .Not just the physical side but mentally .Hope you find the strength to fight the system  and give the assessessment 100% .   Are you going to ask for it to be taped ./ recorded .?

• maid08

maid08    so sorry for all your losses . Your health will have taken a tumble .Do they ever stop to think how life  events effects us .Not just the physical side but mentally .Hope you find the strength to fight the system  and give the assessessment 100% .   Are you going to ask for it to be taped ./ recorded .?

thanks dottydotty and i so wish you luck in sorting out youer probs with benifits and life ??as to recording yes i will be  but not openly  it sems as long as hidden tape transribed  courts will accept it ?but  to be honest  this time the assessor is in for a shock  i have nothing to lose? am going to have hidden cams i plus will not be made a fool by doing childish acts to prove im not dead  and at end of acessmant will be handing hp a soliciters letter pointing out any facts inserted found to be false wil result in  them personally being sued also if they refuse to give id and refg stration num they will be out the door ??i have had enough now  and  they can suffer the stress and harm  back my naighbour is a security proesinol who has system that looks on movement and auto focus in on it so car and regg will be noted as will person  then if anything incorect utube will be fun
  • wildlife
    @maid08 Thanks for the ideas about stopping the lies. You've given me and hopefully others a good idea about the solicitors letter. OK you have to pay for the letter but if it get's you the right benefit it will be paid back many times over and the saving in stress will be huge. I would hand the letter over at the beginning as all the online tick boxes have been done by the end and the truth will have to be what the assessor then remembers rather than recording it as it's given to them.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.