Pip enquiry — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip enquiry

Pot80
Pot80 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi I only got awarded 6 points at my pip tribunal which isn’t enough to qualify I suffer with ocd,anxiety and depression do you think the new changes that are being made that I mite get reassessed it awarded more points or do you think I shud apply again thankyou 

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Pot80.
    I would contact the CAB and ask them to go over your claim with you.They will have some idea as to what the changes will mean for you.
     Debsidoo.x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Pot80 said:
    hi I only got awarded 6 points at my pip tribunal which isn’t enough to qualify I suffer with ocd,anxiety and depression do you think the new changes that are being made that I mite get reassessed it awarded more points or do you think I shud apply again thankyou 
    When was the Tribunal? If it was recently then no the new changes won't apply to you. If they did they would have awarded you correctly at the Tribunal.

You will need to ask for the Statement of reasons, from this you'll need to find an error in law in making the decision. This is extremely difficult to do and you will need to find an expert to help you with this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    as you have no award in payment you can make a new claim straight away
    have a look at the b&w self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

cr

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pot80
    Pot80 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thankyou for your advice my tribunal was last year I haven’t reapplied for pip coz tbh it’s jst knocked the bit confidence I did have down it was horrible .its only been recently with everything in the media about pip n the changes that’s made me think that maybe my case mite b one ov them that mite be looked at again 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.