Please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please

Options
Frosty104
Frosty104 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
ee moved house in October to be nearer to my family who help with my day to day care. Because I have severe mental health problems, I had to stay with my mum and get moved in slowly. My first visit induced a psychotic episode and I kept asking to go home. I also have to spend several days a week in bed due to pain. I've now been able to move in permanently but am terrified that they'll stop my pip and Esa. Can or will they do this? I've moved from South Yorkshire to North Derbyshire. If they don't stop my benefits will it cause a delay in payments. I don't know whether to write and explain why I didn't inform them of a change of address straight away or ring. But if I write to them I'll be constantly panicking about what they're going to do. They absolutely terrify me and it's making me ill again. Please please advise me on what to do and what will happen 

Comments

• jamie1965
    jamie1965 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Options
    You will have to let them know you have moved cause housing benefits and council tax is linked to your benefits how are you paying for your rent and council tax pls let them know you always have a better case that you moved to have carers 
  • Frosty104
    Options
    I don't claim for anything else. We own the house outright 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you have anyone who can help you and be with you to call them? It is better to let them know as soon as possible.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Frosty104
    Options
    Thank you for your help. I rang them and they said moving house makes no difference to your claim. It's just so they know where to contact you. If only makes a difference if you move into a care home as this affects the care component. Thank you again 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.