Pip Assessors Report . Review the claim again in ? years . - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Assessors Report . Review the claim again in ? years .

Comments

• maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    wildlife said:
    @maid08 Thanks for the ideas about stopping the lies. You've given me and hopefully others a good idea about the solicitors letter. OK you have to pay for the letter but if it get's you the right benefit it will be paid back many times over and the saving in stress will be huge. I would hand the letter over at the beginning as all the online tick boxes have been done by the end and the truth will have to be what the assessor then remembers rather than recording it as it's given to them.  
    thanks, wildlife you just give me the idea  yes prob better to hand it over first and se the reaction an honest assessor will cary on with acesmant a lier will pack up and leave and a solicitors letter is from 25to 50quid so is worth every penny  as long as we remember these people are not gov employees but working for private company

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    i doubt the use of a sollicitors letter would be of benefit
    it is not evidence
    if given at the start the HCP may decide that you are being uncooperative and stop the assessment
    they do not have to accept it at the end

cr
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • maid08
    and im sure if the intention to lose you benifits that will put a burdon on hp even if told to alter by capita or atos  after all sueing hp  will be easy a judge will make them attend court and want answers to how they can diagnose someone by sight  and when they have no qualification in problem given  ???what can they say apart from admit defeat  and face paying my 6000 loss to date plus reminder of award im due ??i have in the past taken cars and household goods from peaple puling a fast one so wont feel sory for hp at all
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @CockneyRebel I do understand what you are saying but firstly can I mention that as you have not had a bad decision made by the DWP which came about because of the dishonesty of an assessor it may be difficult to understand why those of us who have feel so desperate to not want this to happen to us again. I have had a life time of problems to sort out after bringing up two disabled boys in the days when their disabilities weren't recognized. I have also looked after all the affairs for elderly relatives and worked as and been a carer myself. Sticking to the rules which requires a certain amount of backing down on the part of the claimant is not always the best way to deal with the benefit system. If I'd done that I would have now been on standard PIP for both components and would be feeling doubly hard done by as I managed to increase my mobility to what it should have been had the assessor not lied. I'm not sure what is the best way to let an assessor know that I am not going to put up with lies written about me last year. However by the time I am reviewed, when I will be saying certain new conditions have appeared and other things have got worse, I will be doing just that! 
  • wildlife
    @maid08 I know how you feel but please be careful and think through what you are going to do. A woman has just won a court case against an assessor for the lies told about her but CockneyRebel is probably right about how the assessor will react to a letter being given and does not have to accept it. So I take back what I said but it's up to you. Maybe less obvious ways of safeguarding against having incorrect things written about you would be better than being openly confrontational. 
  • maid08
    hi wildlife nope they do not have to accept it they can just walk out but remmber taped filmed   not rude not angry just ask polite please read before we start if they then leave they were liers so u lost nothing  if honest there is no problem one thing i will point out my helper will be a district judge who i used to spend weekends with  he loverly chap  bet they wont claim he a lier as they would me

• maid08
    strange it seems they instill fear in what they might do  but think they can do it freely  when cought out atos capita say they been sacked  thats to protect them not us

• wildlife
    @maid08 OK well you've got the right people supporting you so good luck and please let us know how you get on.
  • maid08
    wildlife said:
    @maid08 OK well you've got the right people supporting you so good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    can only trymates booked me in for date so  im hopeing he does not get a case elsewere or he cant be with me 

• maid08
    Not true that covert recordings are routinely accepted by tribunals. One media story about an appeal where such evidence was accepted but no evidence it even influenced the final outcome.

A solicitors letter to a HCP is a potentially dangerous strategy. Firstly it’s just a letter before action and you don’t need a solicitor to do that. Secondly, there’s no action. You have no decision; no assessment; no evidence of wrongdoing; no financial loss. Thirdly the HCP will not walk away. They will decline to accept you dictating terms and unless you agree to go ahead they’ll treat you as a failure to attend and DWP will likely sanction you. Challenging that sanction could take 18 months or more (if you have to go to UT) and if you fail then your PIP claim is dead and you’ve not even had the assessment. 

Far better to be clear which points you ought to score and why; what you’re supporting evidence is and then, if you’re not happy with the outcome you have the options of 

- MR and appeal for the decision.
    - complaint to assessment provider if guidance breached.
    - complaint to the relevant professional body for the HCP if misconduct etc. can be demonstrated.
    today i have sat and listened to  a judge  that judge states a transcripted page done by a soliciter can and should be used   because if  from previous dealings with a private company you have suffered loss and that company seems intent on creating further loss and you can prove so ??i can on previous dealings  then a court or tribunal  will acept it as its evidance in youer case appeal or claim  im sory but giveing the things you say should be done was done with same result nothing??this time i will fight so its not  and why should we be honest when the other side will not be  complaining to relivant controling body is useles thats been proven and being delt with by  gov department or mp  as to last comment pip acessmant will be dead no its not  as you can put in again for same benifit with new illness starting the wj hole farce over again BUT knowing by then just how stacked it is against you so can be just as clever and under hand as capita atos or dwp

• maid08
    edited February 2018
    prob with us is being honest and thinking we are dealing with honest peaple we are not we are dealing with cash hungry fake peaple intent on that new car or house or luxuary life on a wage we could not dream about  payed by gov  we are told over and over any false  claims will result in prosecution for fraud  yet peaple working for latrge lump of cash per day are falsey ing claims to harm us for being honest without fear of prosecution ??? thats acessers AND mike you cannot tell acessers what points or anything else you can only give how you are day to day but that bit is ignored confirmation from dwp  no docters consultandts paperwork no use we use an opinion to make our decision that comes from a medical profeshinol  and if need be i can demand copys of calls  as each i rung noted time date and person on line calls in are recorded calls out from dwp are not althogh most staff think nothing is recorded  but it is

• maid08
    edited February 2018
    Oh and at no point am I telling anyone not to fight. I’m using my experience as a WRO to explain what the correct battles are. The ones you can win.
    just a note on what you said 1 i know what i should have goten a know how much lies cost me  i know my pip will stop straight after acessmant and how much it will cost me i also know three consultants were gobsmacked at last acessmants results and i aldso know why i had last one looked at dispite mr failing  purely as the  daft dm sighned my papers   her mistake  meant i was able to point out i could and would take her to court    she then relooked at my case rung on a sat morning exsplaing she had awaerded enought points for both lower is that satisfactory to me ??now after all the hassel lies from them till that time i had a sress related stroke so   i think i know its fight or stop  instead of  listening to peaple on here who prob had it easy   refering to youer comment half won't know what points or a mount they lost should have sorry if this affends but a walefare rights person told me that yes you need medical documants and consultants  and any evidance  that helps dm make his decision ??all wrong i have it in writeing from dwp they use only acessers report as a fully qualified medical profesinol and there is no point in this advice it is a complete waste of time 
    - complaint to assessment provider if guidance breached.
    - complaint to the relevant professional body for the HCP if misconduct etc. can be demonstrated.
    Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/40571/pip-assessors-report-review-the-claim-again-in-years#QEFGd76Bsm4MVp1X.99

• maid08
    edited February 2018
    i keep all documants and send copys or vice verus  so  im able to point out what is sense or not acesmant provider capiyta  ? both acessers unreg  indeed one claimed not known or working for them  ??complaint  recaived   same reply all are profesinol working under dwp lines ?? complain to dwp ? but you are employed by dwp acessers employed by you so you are responcible   reply all are qualified ???  but hang on this report completed and sighned by youer acesser ?we do not employ them no idea who they are    last comment they may not nbe in country anymore duhhhh yep do it properly till you crack up

• kass
    kass Community member Posts: 65 Connected
    I got pip in 2016 and had my assessment with Astor my assor was a nurse I got standered rate care from DLA low care high mobility 

I have got pip for 3 years as my condions could change I have siaciter and I fall all the time siaciter will never get better only get worse I been have ithrits in my knees and little grip in my fingers...its says in my report

Can't use my aims very well or hold anything for long time 

I got 4 points for upper body but nothing for lower body even it says in report I need help with lower body got 2 points for prepare or cook a meal cant even old a pan washing a bathing 3 points and only 4 point for moving around on mobilty part.....i did put in for a reconstruction but it never changed I still get the standered rate care 

I hope I'm one of the cases with all other cases what gets looked at again with the courts taking DWP for wrongly being assisted.....

Thank You 

• maid08
    kass said:
    I got pip in 2016 and had my assessment with Astor my assor was a nurse I got standered rate care from DLA low care high mobility 

I have got pip for 3 years as my condions could change I have siaciter and I fall all the time siaciter will never get better only get worse I been have ithrits in my knees and little grip in my fingers...its says in my report

Can't use my aims very well or hold anything for long time 

I got 4 points for upper body but nothing for lower body even it says in report I need help with lower body got 2 points for prepare or cook a meal cant even old a pan washing a bathing 3 points and only 4 point for moving around on mobilty part.....i did put in for a reconstruction but it never changed I still get the standered rate care 

I hope I'm one of the cases with all other cases what gets looked at again with the courts taking DWP for wrongly being assisted.....

Thank You 

hi kass i do not think they will be looking at anything other than traveling or planing a journey ?? i had 8 for mobility nothing for journy acesser said i could plan and do without a prob which is a lie as my form stated i could not nor should i concider it as to rest of youer claim i got nil upper body nil lower  nil bathing although cant lift legs into bath cant cook  full stop its done for me my grip at time of acessmant was nil due to stroke but she said i picked aup a bit paper no prob ???but  try not to worry   about youer this early they will contact you later in the year for review  and hopefully you will fly thru it

• kass
    When I went for my assessment my sister came with me as I have athrits is my knees they give in some times and I'm scared to go out alone in case I fall by this was not said in my report my condition is going to get worse and when it do i have to do a change in how my condition effects me I'm scared if case they stop my pip all together 
  • maid08
    kass said:
    When I went for my assessment my sister came with me as I have athrits is my knees they give in some times and I'm scared to go out alone in case I fall by this was not said in my report my condition is going to get worse and when it do i have to do a change in how my condition effects me I'm scared if case they stop my pip all together 
    please do not worry about it  you have a fair while till they send you a review letter   then just  deal with it then i upset them so are acting mean   but as long as you  deal with fact it should be fine 

• maid08
    kass said:
    please dont panic it will be fine they will send you a review leter then you can see docter get letter and show acesser but worry wont help you now xxxxx
  • kass
    Thank you for your reply 
  • kass
    I did fall my legs give in I have doctor report my leg swollen and my back 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.