Pip Assessors Report . Review the claim again in ? years . - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Assessors Report . Review the claim again in ? years .

Options
13»

Comments

• kass
    kass Community member Posts: 65 Connected
    Options
    I have fallen lots of times not just with my legs given in I have some wrong with my bones in my back what runs down the leg and I get pins and needles due to a birth defect 

I can't sit very long or stand to long too can't even sleep as it very painfully I have sciatica very very painfully 
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    Options
    maid08 said:
    Oh and at no point am I telling anyone not to fight. I’m using my experience as a WRO to explain what the correct battles are. The ones you can win.
    just a note on what you said 1 i know what i should have goten a know how much lies cost me  i know my pip will stop straight after acessmant and how much it will cost me i also know three consultants were gobsmacked at last acessmants results and i aldso know why i had last one looked at dispite mr failing  purely as the  daft dm sighned my papers   her mistake  meant i was able to point out i could and would take her to court    she then relooked at my case rung on a sat morning exsplaing she had awaerded enought points for both lower is that satisfactory to me ??now after all the hassel lies from them till that time i had a sress related stroke so   i think i know its fight or stop  instead of  listening to peaple on here who prob had it easy   refering to youer comment half won't know what points or a mount they lost should have sorry if this affends but a walefare rights person told me that yes you need medical documants and consultants  and any evidance  that helps dm make his decision ??all wrong i have it in writeing from dwp they use only acessers report as a fully qualified medical profesinol and there is no point in this advice it is a complete waste of time 
    - complaint to assessment provider if guidance breached.
    - complaint to the relevant professional body for the HCP if misconduct etc. can be demonstrated.
    Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/40571/pip-assessors-report-review-the-claim-again-in-years#QEFGd76Bsm4MVp1X.99

I’m not going to take offence so no need to apologise but, no, you’re making assertions. You’re guessing that your PIP will cease immediately after your assessment when a decision is made. That’s a guess understandably based on your previous experience but it is a guess and not a fact until it happens. Trying to prevent things happening on a case that haven’t actually happened yet is just misdirecting yourself to no gain and potentially creating way more stress and (especially) delay than is needed.

The advice you had from a welfare rights person was correct but... the best evidence for a PIP claim is your own anecdotal evidence of the impact of your conditions. That’s the single most persuasive thing. However, if there are specifc gaps in the evidence then other evidence (not necessarily medical), which addresses those gaps directly, can be vital. I am of the view that WRAs who say you can’t succeed without medical evidence and who put the emphasis on that are demonstrably wrong. 52% of successful claims succeed without any medical evidence. Advice that you must put in medical evidence is wrong. Advice that you should put in medical evidence directed to addressing specific gaps is good advice. Whilst a DM may prefer the evidence of a HCP they cannot ignore other evidence and an appeal tribunal usually won’t either.

You have also misunderstood your DWP correspondence. You are incorrect in assuming DWP only consider the HCP report. If your supporting evidence went in with your claim pack then it should be scanned and uploaded so the HCP can see it before your assessment and can take it into account. Sadly that upload often fails and, even when it doesn’t, HCPs almost never have the time to read the masses of (often irrelevant) medical reports claimants send in. If the diagnosis itself is not disputed then consultants reports are largely irrelevant as they don’t specifically address daily living or mobility and it’s absolutely legit for both a HCP and a DWP DM to give them little weight. That’s not the same as spitefully or deliberately ignoring them.

DWP decision and MR decision letters are computer generated at speed and under pressure. They will often say that they only used the claim pack and the HCP report when that isn’t what they did at all. 
    okay so what you are saying is everything is fine they go on facts and reports and at reconsideration will just look at facts and award me pip?  but if not appeal will in a years time  look at all paperwork then say yes this man is ill and give me benefits ????  and the paperwork from dwp is wrong and they lied that they do not need medical facts they request from us or that acesser is only one they listen to  and when dwp tell you  you are not affected by heart lungs and arterys  being shot  or you cant walk  and physio says rubbish  he fit and well they ignor that and award pip ??is this correct i do not know you but what im reading from a former welfare rights officer sounds bit like you make exscuses for what they do ???ohhh just another thought  we have welfare officer local  his view was  no the dwp do not treat peaple like this nor do acessmant companys   you prob never had enough evidence ?????? life expectancy of 5 to 9 years   but won't put in writing as my condition means i could die while writing this  dwp said everyone can die anytime   im not doing this for fun im doing it because of treatment i had and am having from  supposed qualified people  who lie to get cash while killing me and us now if i was confirmed near death say this month  dwp words we would fast track the process brill aint it
  • maid08
    Options
    Nope, I’ve not said any of that and I’m not a “former” WRO.

The fact you’re still largely referring to your impairments and not the points scoring consequences suggests you have yet to identify the specific points you should score and may well have focused on gathering irrelevant evidence in consequence. 

You appear to be misinterpreting most everything you’ve been advised on so sadly I doubt there's anything I can usefully add. 
    let me ask you a question re evidence i collected ?? do you mean heart consultant stroke?  phisciretrist and reports of mri scans   and having acresmant with legs three times normal size no arm feeling re stroke? and full exsplation on  affects of illness   given befor acessmant ?? to dwp who say supply it  then send out to me a physio to ask me to do certain things like stand up  check eyesight  pic up bit paper then they ignor everything and put 8lies   FAIL ??? now on review  as legs worse breathing worse now must suply further evidance  as stated on form  so were do i go from here????? i have spoken to case worker dwp  and told get from docs and physio  

• maid08
    Options
    you keep on about points but you cant get points unles you get a truthful aceser you can argue on mr  but then u fail as   you can tell them i should had 8for this 12for that  4for that but you would never beleave this  they say the acesser says you can do it all ??i might sound as if im concentrateing on  illness   but im just thinking  if you fill in supply evidence  thats what they should acess you on because they ignor it all when some  person says he was okay the 20mins i saw him and  as to eyesight well  perfect ???nope blind in one half vision in other  so u see im stuck   only because im a lier but a lier  on 700quid a day aint and i am noteing points you say so do not think im ignoring youer advice its a pity you were not local you could look at my paperwork and then understand why im mad
  • maid08
    edited February 2018
    Options
    sory  when i filled in form i put every way it affects me daily  and nightly re chest and machine that pushs air into me when lieing down  and from stangding to getting up ?? and statemant from helper here everyday strange thing is nothing on the acessers report or mention of it in fail from dwp planning a journy or doing one nope exsplained why in full  litle comment as talking about it was its my choice to go to shop or not    shop half mile away i cant walk 50yards 

• dottydotty
    dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
    Options
    maid08  your assessment on March 5th  is this a home visit .    My reassessment was changed to a home visit  ( by  Capita ) as I could not do the journey alone or accompanied .   and yet my Capita assessor scored me nil points for mobility . This in itself is a contradiction .  What do you think / ?
  • maid08
    Options
    maid08  your assessment on March 5th  is this a home visit .    My reassessment was changed to a home visit  ( by  Capita ) as I could not do the journey alone or accompanied .   and yet my Capita assessor scored me nil points for mobility . This in itself is a contradiction .  What do you think / ?
    mine was 28th in cardiff in big building were its quarter mile walk from transport on 2nd floor so i rung said no channce on phone they say home now on 5th but i emailed today ready for them to confirm in writing home cos they might deny it???i would say contridiction but you cant exsplain their ways or thoughts

• dottydotty
    Options
    maid08  thankyou ,  you are so right ,  you cant explain their thoughts . hope you assessment goes well .  keep us posted .  I will update when I get my  MR decision letter . 
  • dottydotty
    Options
    Maid08   I'm sure ive read on  a post on here  that you can ask  who will be assessing  you and what their occupation medical knowledge is , .prior to assessment .
  • maid08
    Options
    Maid08   I'm sure ive read on  a post on here  that you can ask  who will be assessing  you and what their occupation medical knowledge is , .prior to assessment .
    yes i was told the same but they refused to tell me  which i think is a bit one sided ??had letter this morning haha after i emailed yesterday so crossed wires  saying home visit   5 3 18 strange as i only told them cant go to other place ?states we looked and decided home visit  last time they wanted docters letter confirming icould not attend  and again i must supply evidence to aid my claim   just as before   ie docters or others  im eaither nuts or completly baffled at advice given on another post were its implyed i am concentrateing on illness not points ?points mean prizes but you cant fix the game
  • maid08
    Options
    maid08  thankyou ,  you are so right ,  you cant explain their thoughts . hope you assessment goes well .  keep us posted .  I will update when I get my  MR decision letter . 
    ohh i deffo will  from start to finnish of it ??
  • maid08
    Options
    Nope, I’ve not said any of that and I’m not a “former” WRO.

The fact you’re still largely referring to your impairments and not the points scoring consequences suggests you have yet to identify the specific points you should score and may well have focused on gathering irrelevant evidence in consequence. 

You appear to be misinterpreting most everything you’ve been advised on so sadly I doubt there's anything I can usefully add. 
    Oh and at no point am I telling anyone not to fight. I’m using my experience as a WRO to explain what the correct battles are. The ones you can win.

Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/40571/pip-assessors-report-review-the-claim-again-in-years#qXRqRghizjsElYJf.99

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.