PIP - Refused evidence. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - Refused evidence.

GeorgeB
GeorgeB Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I have been unable to find anything similar on the forums.  I am in the process of collating evidence for my PIP claim.  I suffer severe mental health problems and am housebound.  As well as my GP I contacted my main therapist and asked for relevant reports, etc.  To my astonishment he refused.  Apparently the centre management no longer allows patients to ask for supporting evidence.  His words were, ‘It is not our job to fill in benefit forms.’  I explained that this wasn’t what I was asking, rather I needed evidence about how my condition is affecting my life.  He still refused.  I am stunned that, of all places, a mental health centre would have such a policy.  Anyway, does anyone have any advice?  Should I write on the PIP form about this? If PIP contact them directly are they then obliged to act?  Clearly without his evidence I have little hope with my claim. Thanks all.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.