DWP have backed out of PIP Appeal? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP have backed out of PIP Appeal?

Options
2»

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi dotty

concentrate on your current claim through MR and appeal.
    If you haven't had a result from your appeal you can still put in a new claim in July

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • dottydotty
    dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
    Options
     sleepy1   may i ask when does your current award end . I see you have an assessment date . Just wondered what the time scale is . . My  Pip review form arrived last May .and never heard a thing until  December when i got a letter from Capita about a F2F assessment  .  almost a 7 months wait.
  • dottydotty
    Options
    CockneyRebel  Thankyou   . I am getting myself  in a spin with not knowing  what to do .. Wil  ltake your advice  and also sleepy1 advice . Focus on  the MR and my Complaint with Capita .  One step at a a time
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It can be very hard knowing what to do for the best. There is no rush to reapply until you have exhausted the appeals process or are much closer to your 65th. We will  always be here to assist you in any way we can

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Options
    Good evening Dotty and the Rebel one )))
    I can now see why you would be concerned about the timing issues doing a new claim and I don't have enough knowledge to advice you but I would think as Cockney says stick with the one you already have on the go.  I would think if you did put in a new claim they would have to take it from the date they receive it, so hold off for now.

My current award according to the Judge on my appeal ends in July 18  but apparently dwp are entitled to do a review at anytime irrespective of any court ruling.  The review forms were sent to me in June 17,  I sent them back with no change for most of the questions even though things had got a lot worse, was too ill and could not be bothered with all the hassle of gathering more evidence and had read on another site that was the best thing to do.

On this latest adventure in to the unknown was told by dwp it would probably be at best 8 weeks before I would hear anything about a home visit THEN a few days later get a letter for an appointment for a f2f  25 miles away this week. 

So that is the time scale Dotty from my end.  I won't be going to anymore of these **** assessments, hugs rosie

• englishrose
    englishrose Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Make sure that any phone calls from DWP  or you to them that you get a name as I have had the bad experience of getting advice, finding out it was wrong and because I couldn't remember the name of the person was basically told I had made it up and the DWP wasn't interested in my complaint. Honestly there is absolutely no such thing as good customer service - just annoying customers!!
  • dottydotty
    Options
    sleepy1 Thankyou for the reply . I wish you the best of luck with your assessment .   Yes my age is against me but as  CockneyRebel  has wisely stated  hang on a bit longer and reapply later on n the year. The DWP have no strict guidelines that I can find it just says apply before 65 years of age  so i will wait a bit longer . My award should have ended in June so will bear that date in mind , as if lucky it may get reinstated until then .  It is unbelievable how much stress can be caused by a simple 35 minute assessment , it creates havoc and sleepless nights . Again  best of luck for your assessment .
  • dottydotty
    Options

CockneyRebel  Thankyou .for the advice . .

• dottydotty
    Options
    englishrose   Thanks for the advice  . Trouble is I have hearing loss so don't always catch the name . But have logged my calls dates and times.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.