DLA to PIP concerns — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP concerns

Options
myrkam
myrkam Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @myrkam

Good Evening it’s great to meet you today.

Please have a good look around.

We have got lots of advice/info on our home page.

Please please let me know if I can help/support you in anyway?????
  • myrkam
    Options
    I am registered visually impaired and still on DLA. I am bit worried about the transfer to pip as i heard even with sight problem, PIP could turn down. 
    What advice could you give regarding this issue. Thank you for your help and support. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @myrkam, and welcome to the community! Many of our members have been through this process, so do feel free to ask questions and we'll do our best to help. For now, here is some info on PIP and how points are scored which I hope you'll find helpful.
  • myrkam
    Options
    Thank you Pippa. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @myrkam, hello and we lone, as you may well know that DLA and PIP,are two different benefits and the scoring are totally different. If you do a self test on the scope site or the benefits and works site you will be able to get a good idea on how well you will do in the PIP acessment. PIP is a benefit to help with your daily living needs and mobility issues. It is not focused on any illness or medical condition, so any medical evidence more recent the better on how your condition affects your daily living and mobility will and should help in your claim. It's a bit john blunt better to be honest and upfront not to give false hope.
  • myrkam
    Options
    Thank you Wilko. I had had an ESA assessment in the past and been placed in support group  and I think PIP should be probably slighlty different . ESA is based on general health including any disability. 
    What a stressful experience! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.