If owner didn't know why should I — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If owner didn't know why should I

charlene
charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
at my assessment I was asked if the small corner shop was the same size of a Tesco Express, my reply was no. 
I have been in this shop since and I asked the owner how long is his shop. His reply was he didn't know. I then remembered 20 metres was 2 large bus lengths so asked can 2 large buses total of 20 metres. He replied no, and said his shop must be 15 metres.  

On on leaving the shop I realised I needed the length of the shop front.  I had a brain wave, looking at my car I judged 2 cars could park there.  I never realised I would ever measure a shop by large buses and cars.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Thanks for the smile
  • charlene
    Lol I better not go there Victoriad
  • charlene
    I have this thing about Firemen in long leather boots.  If I started thinking of strapping lads I would never be able to do the sums!
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    edited February 2018
    charlene said:
    at my assessment I was asked if the small corner shop was the same size of a Tesco Express, my reply was no. 
    I have been in this shop since and I asked the owner how long is his shop. His reply was he didn't know. I then remembered 20 metres was 2 large bus lengths so asked can 2 large buses total of 20 metres. He replied no, and said his shop must be 15 metres.  

On on leaving the shop I realised I needed the length of the shop front.  I had a brain wave, looking at my car I judged 2 cars could park there.  I never realised I would ever measure a shop by large buses and cars.
    what on earth has thecharlene said:

what has
     size of the shop to do with a youer condition or assessment????

• charlene
    Hello, at the time I did say I didn't know.
  • charlene
    Hello maid08, I took it the larger the shop the more walking you would have to do.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • charlene
    Lol, must have been thinking of those hunks lying in a line.  Tried measuring the length I have to walk from my front door to my car. After measuring my stride I  made it approx 17' or better 3 hunky men.
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.