2nd interview in four weeks. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

2nd interview in four weeks.

jonesgn
jonesgn Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi all,
Sorry to bother you but I've found myself in a very bizarre situation and would value your input.

I had a pip interview some four weeks ago. It was very in depth and lasted over one and a half hours.
Within a couple of weeks I received a phone call telling me I needed another interview which was today. 

The assessor arrived asked three questions,  then admitted she was not familiar with my case or the information previously given and said she was unable to read my case notes and ask questions as she went. After taking my husbands phone number she left saying she would go read through the notes and then ring him for further information.

I was under the impression assessors were only permitted to speak to the claimant? This all seems very strange and quite worrying. 

No indication of when these calls might happen or if and when a decision would be made was offered so once again I'm in limbo.

I've tried to impress on these people what a profoundly negative impact these things have on my physical and mental well being, but it would appear that is of no consequence and it appears no end is in sight.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? 

Thank you
Nicky x

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Nicky

A second assessment is usually carried out if the first is not fit for purpose.
    Sometimes an assessor leaves the company without completeing the report
    Reports are also, randomly pulled for audit and if found to be below the requirement can also generate the need for further information gathering.

If your husband was present at your assessment, then to prevent causing further impact on your physical and mental well being, may be the reason for them ringing him for further info. If you are unhappy  about this then you should ring the AP and state that you have not given permission and that you should be contacted rather than your husband.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jonesgn
    jonesgn Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi CR,

Thank you for your reply. And for shedding some light on the situation.
     It's difficult not to go into a full tailspin when these things happen 
    But to be honest I'm glad they're talking to my oh rather than me. I just needed to know it was above board. 
    I guess it's just a matter of  waiting now, mind you that in itself is proving difficult enough.

Thanks again
    Kind regards
    Nicky

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.