Pip assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assesment

Options
Tracy1965
Tracy1965 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
ive been receiving pip for a couple years now and apart from my back getting much worse that I’ve had to have a bath lift installed so can get in and out my depression and anxiety has got much worse hence why I’m having another assessment as I can’t go out the house without my son and can’t use public transport or I panic I could cope better when  I had my own car but due to having a epileptic fit and couldn’t drive for a year I ended up selling my car to help with finances and being stuck in the house all day every day is driving me to not want to live again among other things to worry about I’m so anxious today knowing I have to leave the house tommorow a friend is picking me up to take me but I’m scared I’m going to have a panic attack please help

Comments

• Tricia1912
    Tricia1912 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Options
    Hi lm Tricia1951 lve hardback pain due to arthritis for years even despite injections , worsened by arthritis in both hips and what makes my back worse is  having a difference in leg lengths. Your body is all out of kilt. I sympathise with you and you do become depressed. I hope things go well for you try to keep calm. If you can you deserve things to go well for you. Good luck. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tracey1965, so sorry to hear about your anxiety. Have you seen these mental health helplines? They may be able to offer some tips and guidance.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.