PIP tribunal successful - how long does it take to receive backdated money? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal successful - how long does it take to receive backdated money?

juejue
juejue Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi.
This is my first post,so hi everyone.
I had my pip tribunal 5th June 2017.
A 1 hour 15 minutes of grilling about my condition.
I have since 2011 sciatica,endiometris causing acute pain.I have a cocktail of medication including Matrifen patches.In November 2016 pip reduced my claim from enhanced rate to standard after an ATOS interview.I asked for reconsideration and lost.
I new this was wrong but as I suffer from anxiety and depression I was worried about doing the next step a tribunal.
To cut it short I new that's what pip want people  to get to this stage and give up.
I was so scared but persevered and WON my case.My money is to be back dated 6 months, does anyone know how long it takes to get money I am owed?.If you have the same problem in pip reducing your claim please .FIGHT IT.!!!

Comments

• MikeBroderick
    MikeBroderick Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Hi @juejue:

Congratulations on your success!

Was there anything further that you needed?
  • Harpertoun
    Harpertoun Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Is it correct that a claim to PIP cannot be backdated?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    A new PIP claim will be paid from the date of the decision
    A change from DLA tp PIP, PIP will be paid from 4 weeks after the decision
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hi @juejue  
    Im so pleased you won your appeal. After my 28 day period finished on the 13th of June.  I didn't receive a years back payment till the 20th July. My husband wrote 2 letters of complaint. And a few telephone conversations with the complaints Secretary.
    I hope that helps.
  • ladycat01
    ladycat01 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    , hi, good afternoon everybody just wants to let everyone know that I had my hearing on Monday my pic. And I was awarded my daily living allowance back so I'm over the moon after 2 years waiting and getting the award because basically I went in there thinking I wasn't going to get anything back and Mike Judge was very pleasant a very nice very helpful and I think when I went to get my assessment he said to us that one of the assessors never filled in my form and that's the reason why I lost my daily living allowance so I'm going to be getting that back but I just don't know when that's the next question
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi ladycat

DWP usually take 5-8 weeks to put a tribunal award into payment
    You should ring DWP in a few days to make sure they have received the decision

CR
  • ladycat01
    ladycat01 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi
    sorry to butt into your thread but just wanted to ask a question. 
    I had my appeal hearing on Monday and Iv to wait on a letter with the decision, they were running late.
    does anyone know how long this will take?
    many Thanks 
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi susan
    only a matter of days

CR
  • susan48
    Hi CR, 
    thank you for your reply, maybe I will ask my friend to call on Monday if Iv not received a letter, weather really bad here, as is a lot of places. My speech is not good to call myself. 
    not sure where to call though, is it DWP or Tribunal number?
    Susan
  • CockneyRebel
    The tribunal decision will come from the clerk of the court.

CR
  • susan48
    Many thanks for your reply, I will wait, it wil be more anxiety doing so, but if Iv not had a letter by next Monday will ask my fiend to call. 
    Thanks for the advice 
    susan
  • smokeyjoey
    smokeyjoey Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Hi Susan, I had my appeal on the 12/02 and received the letter with decision on the 14/02, waiting on DWP letters still tho
  • susan48
    Thanks smokeyjoey. 
    With the weather so bad and no mail I will wait til the bad weather passes, hopefully soon.
    I hope you got the result you were wanting
  • marieann1968
    marieann1968 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Ive been told I will not get a hearing date for about 27 weeks how can you live on nothing been refused twice for p.i.p , I have m.s and type 1 diabetes 
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    @marieann1968 I remember reading an article That Theresa May is diabetic type1 and she claims everybody can lead a normal life with this condition maybe this is why people are getting refused ..but then Theresa May isn' also an MS sufferer , I hope you win your case .GoodLuck
  • susan48
    Marie Ann, I was really lucky, I only put appeal papers in in November 2017 and had my hearing this week.
    i live in central Scotland, not sure about the other parts of the country.
    who knows the what ifs and whys of this system except it causes untold anxiety and stress . Totally unacceptable.
    thank you, hope you are successful too
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @marieann1968, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear that you're having to wait so long for your tribunal- unfortunately this isn't uncommon, but as you say it puts people in a really difficult situation. You may like to check out this past discussion on tribunal waiting times. Please do keep us updated with your progress and if there's anything we can offer guidance on, please do let us know.

• Balletdude
    Balletdude Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi everyone, 
    just joined and wanted to add to this if thats OK.
    I have anxiety and depression issues, and after the death of my mum, I contracted a viral infection, which has left me with M.E. and Fibromyalgia, 
    I had a Pip assessment in Feb last year, and went from 17 points to 0.
    I asked for a reconsideration which was again no. So it went for an appeal.
    I finally got that last Thursday. I was in the room less than 5 minutes, and told. That they allowed the appeal, because they had no grounds to end it when they did as the original award was until November 2017, and basically they sent me for an assessment almost a year before they should. 
    They can send me for a new reassessment, if they feel they need to, as more evidence has now been submitted.

Even if I do go for one (I probably will, I have a lot more paperwork to show about how the conditions affect me.)
    With the M.E. I also have symptoms of PotS (I used to be a nurse and used to diagnose/evaluate this in patients all the time )

anyway.
    for anyone else going for a appeal hearing

good luck!!!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.