PIP Appeal Submissions/Further Evidence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal Submissions/Further Evidence

keira
keira Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
Do the tribunal service send copies of your submission/further evidence to the DWP. If so, is it likely that they would revise their decision and stop the appeal if they thought your evidence was strong enough?

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Hi @keira
    Sorry I don't know but this is a very good question I would also like to know the answer to as well 
    I hope someone else can help perhaps @CockneyRebel
    may be able to answer as I've observed he's been really supportive with answering in the past 

• keira
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Hi @keira, in answer to your first question yes the tribunal service do send a copy of everything that you send them to the DWP and vice versa they send you a copy of everything they receive from them.

In answer to your second question I don't think it is usual practice for DWP to revise a decision and stop an appeal, however this has recently happened with me. I recently received a letter from TS to say my appeal (for PIP) had lapsed and when I rang them to ask why they said because the DWP had revised their decision but could not give me any details.  My award was restored and a back payment made which was such a relief....... Until I got another lot of forms to fill in and another letter from Atos/IAS to attend another f2f. 

Not sure what they are playing at other than trying to cause as much stress as possible.  As if we don't have enough to contend with already?

Best wishes X Rosie
  • keira
  • keira
    The tribunal service must be pretty **** off with the DWP!
  • keira
    What's the answer though?

• sleepy1
    Hi @Username_removed
    Hope you are well, I am so slow at typing did not see your earlier post before I replied to keira.
    It is so helpful for us to have someone like you on this forum who has so much experience and gives up so much time to direct people to the right information, your a shining star X

New Presenting Officers??
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP have employed about 100 "officers" to attend tribunals
    A further waste of money

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    @CockneyRebel
    Thank you for adding this info
    Tribunals are uncomfortable as it is so even more intimidating challenges for many to go through 

• sleepy1
    Hi CR, another shining star.......perhaps I should put that on the poetry thread ; )

What is the reasoning behind this new SWAT team I wonder!  Obviously their wages and expenses will need to be covered from "someone".  Do you know if they have already been sent into action?

Hope your wife is recovering well after her op and you are feeling better now X Rosie

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks Rosie
    She came home yesterday minus an elbow

I understand that the presenting officers are being deployed now. They seem only to be sent where there is a case for them to argue and as many claims should not have reached the appeal stage in the first place it does seem to be a waste

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.