PIP - zero points - how many of us? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - zero points - how many of us?

Waylay
Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
I've been hearing an awful lot of people say that they got 0 points for PIP for their initial decision. I wonder how many of us there are? I also wonder whether this is a new thing that the DWP is doing? Thinking of an FOI request...

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Waylay

The problem with forums like this is we only hear the bad side. There are many people that have no problem and never post online

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Waylay
    @CockneyRebel Oh yes. very true. I'm more wondering whether there's been a rise in people who get 0 points after their assessment, instead of 2 or 7 or whatever.
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    I have 2 points  !!!!!
  • CockneyRebel
    for the most part, if you have a problem then you need to challenge the decision DO NOT let them intimidate you butmbe prepared.
    The majority of failed claims are a result of not knowing what is required

have a look at the B&W self test for in insite

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

• hope
    hope Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    I'm so mentally in state  for over yr complex PTSD adult ADHD many more mental and phyicaly in a grief stricken stare of confusion been diagnosed with early cirrhosis then liver dr says I ain't it's to much had to see GP I have got it and bowel blockages mental health stopped seeing me as in to much of illness and confusion I have a meningomia my whole body mind is to ill on top of fighting for me and daughter adult we both have co morbiditits left to see to each other we are in hell I now have to sort pip out change ove from DLA got 10 days to get it in with o help I have not a hope in hell of complete it as memory trauma after trama I can't fill it in to mentally ill why do I feel I'm on trial in court I'm fighting to be able after years of never seeing anyone just hospital which  is useless I'm in astate and I getting no help
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi hope

You can ring and ask for an extentsion
    Please try and get help from CAB or similar

CR
  • Waylay
    @CockneyRebel Oh, I did it right. The HP was either incompetent, or malicious, or both. Multiple serious errors (I don't see a psychiatrist, I don't have any input from NHS mental health community teams, I've been discharged from the Pain Clinic - all wrong).
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    I got 4 on care and 0 on mobility. I then got standard care and somehow full mobility.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    It makes you wonder the different awards people are reporting then after a MR they get the right award. What has or did go wrong at the acessment??
  • ataloss2018
    ataloss2018 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    edited March 2018
    My wife went from enhanced daily living and standard mobility to zero points after the assessment, MR was rejected and she is now waiting on an tribunal appeal date.
  • M4NDYS31
    M4NDYS31 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    It's happening a lot in the North West and it not right when they were at higher rate for mobility and care
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    It sounds like people are moving from DLA to PIP and assume they will have the identical awards. And maybe not realising that the two benefits use a different criteria to award points hence the decrepacies  that then go to MR and appeals. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP was introduced to reduce the disability benefits bill so PIP is harder to qualify for than DLA - and that's when assessors don't tell lies to mark people down!
  • M4NDYS31
    I know of 6 People in my group have gone throw from DLA to the PIP assessment and told that they have to hand their car back to the dealer and making them isolated from the community 
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    The criteria for DLA mobility and PIP mobility is different though.

In my case, it was pretty obvious that I did (or do) meet the criteria for PIP on both parts. But the report was seriously flawed and I can't believe no-one picked this up.

I do understand posts like "I got 6 points, got it looked at again and got 9 points" because 2 different assessors will come up with 2 different results. But to go from 0 to 12 is ridiculous. Only piece of evidence was a diary which backed up what I wrote on my form and what I said at the assessment.
  • M4NDYS31
    your right it is ridiculous and they know the system is all flawed
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is interested in how you function day to day with the set of descriptors. They only take ONE condition into account because I was asked which did I wish to base my answers on.
    The fact both effect my ability to function is irrelevant. The fact both effect me in ways that are not included on the list is irrelevant. DLA took both conditions on board with their forms and awarded care. In fact one section that was in the DLA forms has been removed off the PIP. So DLA did use descriptors didn't it?
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Waylay
    @whistles That's not right! It should be how you function, not limited to how you function because of 1 particular condition! Appeal!
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi whistles,

It doesn't matter how many health problems you have, you score points on the descriptors that apply to you. You could score on one descriptor for one illness, and on a different descriptor for the same or a different illness. 
    The criteria for PIP is a lot easier to understand and to work with. There wasn't any descriptors for DLA, the criteria was much more vague. 

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.