I had to get a friend sectioned last night - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had to get a friend sectioned last night

Options
2»

Comments

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    @thespiceman Thank you so much. :) Will do, and will keep posting updates, if people are interested.

Unfortunately my own recovery keeps getting set back by constant reassessments, leading to Tribunals every year, and living on nothing, which puts me into a lot of debt. If they'd just leave me alone for a few years, I think I'd get much better!

Cheers, and good luck to you!
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Options
    Just been reading all this Waylay, just want to add i totally agree with every ones views hear, you are indeed a very good friend and also you have your own health problems as well.You did all you could and the right thing. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Waylay Thank you I am always interested if others are not.

Please can I say if wish to talk to me privately.  I have just discovered messaging service.

See my user name click on that you will see a big white box.  Like the words I am writing into right now.

Type what ever you wish, I use this for all my lovely friends.  I hope you will become one if you wish.

Says comment press that will come to me.

The other one is the message service  This is an inbox on your username below that is a box with discussions on that.  You will see.  Again white boxes like this.  Top one put my name in  Add message and it will come to me.  Right hand side new messages in red boxes and list of recipients.

When you send me a message comes into my Inbox.

I hope that is useful.  It takes a little getting use to, but I know you will cope.

Please I am sorry about you situation you seem in similar position to me.

My story I get reassessed every 18months to 2years continuous for about 20years plus longer.  I get he's fit to work another year plus he's unfit., also keeps going around like that.  After appeals and tribunals.  Some times no money for a month.  Messing up benefits plus housing benefit, council tax.

Last time guy who I spoke to said see you in a years time to rearrange everything back again.  So I could not believe it.

Which means when I am fit meant signing on for the umpteenth time lost track how many times.  Losing it last time to the extent support worker.  Mental health charity stepped in and stopped this nonsense.

Sent letter to DWP why are you still keep reassessing this man.  He not going to work , never get employment.

By way I am 53 and still I believe go on.  So please talk to me if you wish.  We can support each other.  That is what I can help and advise, be a friend about anything you wish.

I also am up to date on what is happening benefits websites .  Plus daily chit chat

I do a lot of this for others and we all support each other.  Helps the day goes well.

Take care

Offering the hand of friendship

The Spiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Waylay I am sorry about this.  The information regarding INBOXES to send me a message.  I apologise I have given mis- information.

Where it says your username click on INBOX.  You will see a white box as top type in my name and put message in other box.  It will come to me.  Just sorry about that, still getting hang of all these services.

Thought It might be useful to talk if it helps.

Take care
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.