Database of Health Professionals (Assessors) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Database of Health Professionals (Assessors)

Options
Waylay
Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
Hi all,

I'd really like to make a database of the assessors' names and the locations they work in, along with whether or not people feel that they've lied on reports, or simply done a poor job. I suspect that posting peoples' names on the web in this context might be viewed as defamatory, but if I take email submissions, and then only post initials along with their general locations, people can look and see if their assessor is there.

Then we'd start to get an idea of how many assessors are lying/incompetent, and whether they're doing it all the time or just occasionally. I think it would be very interesting evidence. What do you all think?

W

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi @Waylay, it's clear that you want to help others, but unfortunately due to data protection this is not something we can allow on the Scope community. 
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    Options
    you would walk into a land full of courts i run a site outing conners of charities  its a dangerous road to take unless you yourself have proof ????
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Waylay
    Options
    @Victoriad I know that a lot of people don't fill out the forms correctly, but I did (according to the benefitsandwork guides), and I still got 0 points. My assessor's report was ridiculous. 37 mistakes, many of them really big ones, such as that I have no input from a psychiatrist, no community mental health team input, and had been discharged from the pain clinic months before the assessment. I see an NHS psychiatrist at least once a year, but usually 3-4 times a year, I'm under the care of the NHS PD community team, and my next pain clinic appointment is March 22. He also said that I have no suicidal ideation, and don't self-harm. All of this was stated in the assessment (I recorded it covertly) and was in my forms and my further medical evidence, which included an A&E Liason Psych Service report saying that they had evaluated me when I was brought in by ambulance for self-harm and high anxiety. He clearly didn't bother to read any of it, and nor did the original Decision-Maker or the DM who did my MR. 

They didn't do their jobs, any of them, but the assessor pisses me off the most. In the past 7 years I've been refused PIP and ESA 6 times, taken it to Tribunal 6 times, and been avoided both Daily Living and Mobility, at either standard or enhanced rates. 

An FOI request which the government refused to fulfill for over a year, even when instructed to by various bodies (until a judge made them do it) contained data showing that about 130 assessor's (mostly ATOS, but also Capita) had 3-4 complaints made against in a 3-month period. They weren't disciplined. 

Why should they be able to do this to us? There must be ways to fight back.
  • Waylay
    Options
    I wasn't saying that I'd tell people how many complaints were made against their assessor: just collect the data, to see how many complaints there are, and how many bad assessors. 

And I wouldn't do it on Scope, don't worry! 

• Waylay
    Options
    @maid08 I'd love to have a chat with you...
  • Waylay
    Options
    @PippaScope Hmmm. Why would it breach Data Protection? It's not like they'd be telling me and details about the assessors, just their name and location, and whether they did a good job or not.
  • Waylay
    Options
    *avoided = awarded in post to @Victoriad,
    and=any in post to @PippaScope. Fat fingers today!
  • Waylay
    Options
    Ah, @PippaScope, I see. I had misread part of the Act. Ignore my question.
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    Options
    Waylay said:
    @maid08 I'd love to have a chat with you...
    sent messege
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Waylay
    Options
    Hi @Victoriad,

God, what a horrendous GP! I'm so sorry that happened to you!

The DM's letter didn't mention that they had asked for any evidence from my medical people (in fact, all she mentioned using was the assessor's report, which is hilariously bad, and is completely disproved by my form and further medical evidence). Would they have to mention that they contacted my medical people, or write it down?

This is pretty par for the course; it happens every time. And every time I go to Tribunal and they overturn the decision. Twice the Tribunal Judge has actually apologized to me, and said that I shouldn't have had to go through it, as the DWP's case was laughable. If it helps, my disabilities are all invisible, 3 of my conditions are mental health conditions, and all of my conditions are highly variable (Recurrent Refractory Major Depressive Disorder since I was a teenager, Generalized Anxiety Disorder since I was a teenager, Borderline Personality Disorder (diagnosed in 2010, I think), and chronic lower back pain with associated sciatica, paralyzed muscles along my spine, curvature of the spine, pain in my hip because of limping/curved spine causing my hip joint to grind, associated mobility problems, and (the worst part) acute muscle spasms, which lock up my left lower back, left buttock, left hip, and left thigh, causing (often severe) mobility problems and pain from 7 - 9.5/10. I ended up admitted to hospital for 5 days of IV morphine a year ago for the worst spasm ever. I wrote out how my disabilities affect me for every descriptor, and linked them to my medical evidence, but you don't want to read all that.

I'm not always as bad as I am right now, but in the past year I was evicted and was homeless for 2 months, I had to give away many of my possessions, my mother got very sick for 6 months, I've begun having what may be IBS attacks, etc. etc. Then I got that brown envelope, and lost my sh*t entirely.

So yeah, I should be getting PIP. I will get it. But in the meantime I'm a mess, in serious pain, and borrowing money off my partner every month, to the tune of a few hundred pounds. I owe him thousands at this point. It's all made me more and more ill. I've had 8 colds in the last 4 months, the flu, and shingles (whee).

I'm trying to remain philosophical, which has been a bit easier the past few weeks, as I cracked a few weeks ago and haven't really been able to feel (or do) anything but read forums and play Civ IV (badly) since then. Unfortunately the emotions are coming back...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.