Sex toys and disability - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sex toys and disability

2»

Comments

• paulinuk
    paulinuk Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    A woman ? Lol 
  • paulinuk
    paulinuk Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Get in touch with lovehoney sex toys uk .talk to them
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    I know this topic is two years old but for people with spine problems there can be issues down there (i have some numbness myself of variable levels, i know some men get erection and orgasm issues as well) and there doesn't really seem to be anything out there or much research done?

Was talking with some people on another site and they're looking into electrical impulse stimulation but kind of doing it on their own and no idea what to do.

Some research in this area would probably be good if anyone is still asking.
  • Jason01
    Jason01 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    You probably need to work backwards.  Start with standard toys, then work out how to make the work for people with particular physical needs ?
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
  • Lizhiam
    Lizhiam Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    This sounds a good idea. I support a gentleman who has cerebral palsy which affect all four of his limbs. We are struggling to find him a toy to help stimulate himself as he is unable to masturbate himself. 
  • jamesg11
    jamesg11 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Student said:
    Hi,

I'm a product design student and I am thinking of doing a project on improving sex lives for people with physical disabilities. From the research I have done, there does not seem to be many good products out there. I am interested to know what do you think? Do you think there is a real need for this? Is there a type of disability in particular that you think could benefit from such a project? Do you have any suggestions as to how to find people willing to talk about the difficulties they face. 
    Hello,
    I have cerebral palsy which affect all four of my limbs. and unable to masturbate.
    I have an idea of exactly what I want but nobody makes it. Would it be possible to show you my design for you to make for me?

Brightness