How long for PIP decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for PIP decision?

maureen54
maureen54 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I was on low rate dla I had to apply fr pip I had a face2 face interview how long does it usually take for a reply and if I am awarded it do I get it backdated

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Maureen @maureen54, and welcome to the community. It is good to have you with us. I am not qualified to advise on PIP myself, but we have plenty of people here who can and if you can bear with us I am sure they will get back to you very soon.
    Keep in touch.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • maureen54
  • sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Hello Maureen,

It all depends on how busy they are in your area - I have heard members say one week and others say eight weeks. I hope you hear back soon. My face to face assessment was 3 weeks ago, really hope I hear soon.

All the best!
    Shady.
  • dmwors
    dmwors Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Hi! I had my f2f on 3 January and hadnt heard anything! I phoned last week as had been 2 months and was put through to a case manager who was so apologetic as the decision had been made but something clerical had gone wrong! Worth a phone call.
  • sdoc94
    @dmwors

Hi - what are of the UK are you in?

I was told on the 22nd of February that my form was received the day before. THEN I was told on the 28th that it still hadn't been received. After convincing the woman I had been told that it had, she found it on my "account" but named incorrectly. 

Rang again yesterday and they told me that because it was named wrong on their system that it sat for 11 days before being passed to a decision maker!! 
    Shady.
  • dmwors
    The call handlers can’t see much on their screens. If you request to speak to your case manager then they have more information. 
  • sdoc94
    @dmwors

I have only ever spoken to the first person who answers the phone. I would not want to give anyone at the DWP/DfC a reason to be biased against me i.e. asking to speak to a manager...
    Shady.
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    @sdoc94 oh yes @dmwors is right I forgot to mention this to you speak to DM who' doing your decision .
  • sdoc94
    @dee4848
    @dmwors

Is this acceptable? Can I just ask them for an update - I wouldn't want to hear something ridiculous like "If you can phone us yourself you are fine!"
    Shady.
  • dee4848
    @sdoc94 it' not a manager who you may think it' the person that' doing your desision
  • sdoc94
    @dee4848

I will try that later today, if I have the same luck I've been having them that won't be allowed in Northern Ireland.

I cannot even get my assessor's report until a decision is made.
    Shady.
  • dmwors
    Sdoc94! You could go through security and then pass the phone to someone to speak on your behalf if that is a worry x
  • dee4848
    edited March 2018
    @sdoc94 of course it is my DM told me over the phone I told her I was worrying she said if  made a decision it' so and so 
  • sdoc94
    I wonder if I should phone - as I had phoned yesterday and was told no decision yet. Seems very unfair I lost 11 days due to their error.

My deadline for decision according to DWP is March 29th.

What is the protocol do I ask the person who answers can I speak to my decision maker?
    Shady.
  • dmwors
    I phoned last week and spoke to dm who told me my award and apologised and said would send letter out!! I phoned again yday as no letter and call handler said couldn’t see decision but letter had been sent day before! Letter came today yet call handler couldnt see anything! Ask if can speak to case manager as anxiety causing more distress xx
  • louise91
    louise91 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    It took 2 months for my mum to get her decision, every phone call I made I was told we're waiting for more information and then it changed to its with the decision makers.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    maureen54 said:
    Hi I was on low rate dla I had to apply fr pip I had a face2 face interview how long does it usually take for a reply and if I am awarded it do I get it backdated
    DLA should continue for 4 weeks after a decision is made then any PIP award will begin the following day

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • dee4848
    edited March 2018
    If you are still been paid DLA no back Pay for pip 
  • maureen54
    Thank you I am due to be paid my dla nxt Wednesday it’s been 3 weeks since my face 2 face interview you think I will hear soon then 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.