PIP success — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP success

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 23 Connected
Hi everyone I claimed pip for the first time and got the enhanced for both
I would like to stress that getting others help and support is a must and make sure you have relevant medical evidence is paramount. My support officer filled out the form on 15 February got an assessment on 28 February. My anticoagulant nurse printed off my medical evidence and my husband took copies of the evidence and sent it to DWP by recorded delivery and yesterday got my letter. It has been stressful especially going to the assessment with the fact I suffer with my agoraphobia the experience is very unpleasant. So for those claiming for the first time be prepared and get help and support
 Best wishes 

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news. 

Interesting you say about getting medical evidence, because they point out its not about your conditions its about how they effect you. 
    The only condition they awarded me for was the one I could prove I was on meds for with my necessary hospital scans. 
    The side effects of it, side effects of meds and psychological impact of it were dismissed. 

How long is your award for? Just hoping you don't need to go through all this again too soon.  :)
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi @whistles

It's until 2021. The assessor didn't ask me for medical evidence. As advised by CABA support officer my husband copied it and sent it to DWP by recorded delivery. All I can say is get as many people on board with your claim as possible. As far as medical evidence is concerned if it's not relevant to the descriptors then they will dismiss it. I really feel for so many people who changed from DLA to pip and has not gone in their favour.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Purposeful, yes it is sad those who where claiming DLA and have to claim PIP and losse their full mobility allowance to lower rate or losse it all.The benefits criteria are totally different DLA is about your disability and PIP is your abilities, and it's this part that those transferring between DLA to PIP find the transion hard to accept. But at the end of the day if you are able to do all or many of the descriptors in both parts and I am sure many formally claiming DLA are unable to meet the descriptors in the mobility part of PIP even to get the lower rate but under DLA they where ellegable. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi @wilko yes it's such a shame. I didn't know anything about DLA or PIP it was a friend who told me about pip as I have never heard of either one. Always worked hard enjoyed my job until 2012 life came crashing down and I believe this is what is so unfair about the system. 
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Same as me 2021. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.