Compliance letter/ Telephone Interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Compliance letter/ Telephone Interview

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 48 Listener
Hi I’m worried and very upset, I suffer from mental  health  issues ptsd/ ocd/  anxiety/  fear of going out/  Learning difficulties, my son also  suffers with some of these issues, it’s all due to my ex husband that treated us very very badly his now in  prison for murder,  we have moved to hide away from him when he comes out, my son lives with  his girlfriend, but he is here with me a lot  because I can’t cope very well, that  causes a lot of problems between him and his girlfriend also his own  mental health issues don’t help, ok I’ve always let my son use my address as a mailing address and things have always been fine, he works and stated  applying for a new job this job entailed screening process I think this is where the trouble has started ,  I got a letter from the council tax people asking why his name flagged up on their system I told them he’s been using my address as a mailing address and been applying for jobs from this address,  I gave the lady his address and she said everything would be fine then a week later I got a letter in from the DWP about a Telephone interview for 2 weeks time and I’m  really worried why would the Lady from the council tax say oh that’s okay and make me feel everything was fine and then I get this letter ? I have tried to phone the number I’ve left a message and nobody’s got back to me I can’t sleep my anxiety is through the roof, can anyone help  shed some light on this for me ? Thank you 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 142 Listener
    First of all, deep breath and don’t worry. DWP do compliance checks from time to time. They’re part of the fraud and error team. They’ll either see you at home, at your local JC or via telephone. I assume you claim as a single person and its been brought to their attention that you don’t (probably as your son uses your postal address and it’s flagged up somewhere) or you’ve been maliciously reported as in your son lives with you. They’ll go through your circumstances and you can explain everything to them. Be honest and everything will be fine. They’re not out to get you but just following a line of enquiry that’s been brought to their attention. 
    I hope this helps. And please don’t worry. 
  • [Deleted User]
     Hi there thank you I can’t help but worry because I have severe anxiety,  my son doesn’t live with me but we are very very close because of what we’ve been through with his Dad,  I see my son every day he comes round brings food we have dinner here sometime stay over if I’m not well, I don’t have a very good memory that’s all part of my illness, and I’ve just never taken any notice of him using my address as a  postal address because I just didn’t think, why do they make you wait 2 weeks before they ring you? 
  • [Deleted User]
    I fully understand the anxiety and over thinking. I’m currently in the same position worrying about my DLA uprating letter that DWP say was posted on 2nd March but i still haven’t got it and worrying that’ll mean a PIP invitation is on its way. We stress so much about the smallest things don’t we? 
    I’ve had dealings with compliance in the past and they’re so nice. They don’t grill you, or make you feel bad. Sounds like yours is just a genuine mistake that’ll soon be cleared up after they ring you. Do let me know how you get on.  
  • [Deleted User]
    Ok thank you I will, and I hope you get on ok as well,
    thanks Sandy 
  • [Deleted User]
    Best of luck. I hope this has made you feel a bit better. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Hi just  slightly, have a nice weekend,
    Sandy 
  • [Deleted User]
    And you Sandy. It’ll be fine.  :):)<3
  • [Deleted User]
    I’ve just got a letter from the Council tax people now asking if anyone else is living here l already told her the  whole story over the phone, so I’ve got the  Single persons discount but have to Sign this declaration saying I’m the only one here who is over 18, I’m so fed up with this my  anxiety has gone right up again
  • [Deleted User]
    Yes that’s normal. Honestly don’t worry. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Thanks but I really am getting worried like my mental health can’t take stress 
  • [Deleted User]
    They will have to get you to sign the form so it can go on your claim. They can’t just go by verbal confirmation. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Oh ok, but I  signed a form about 8 weeks ago about this, but this was before my Son started  applying for this new job with the screening process, 
    l just can’t cope with Gray  areas  I like to get stuff sorted Straight away that’s why I try to ring the compliance officer but Got no answer
  • [Deleted User]
    Oh bless you. When are they ringing you? 
  • [Deleted User]
    The 27th of this Month it’s 2 weeks away, it’s not fair, 
    they give you a phone number to ring you ring it 3 times No answer
  • [Deleted User]
    Oh that’s a long wait isn’t it? :( bless you. I’m sure it’ll all work out 
  • JB123
    JB123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Same with me put in for Dal for my daughter who has a learning difficulty which she received now and just got awarded with careers allowance but not being paid until April but than received a letter from local compliance office for  a telephone interview since the 4th of march and interview is the 4th of April it really worried u though I have not dont anything that I am aware of call their number and it only says wont be available until 3rd April, can't wait to hear what it's all about
  • JB123
    JB123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 
    what’s the point in having a number for you to call if there’s no one there!!
    is there no other way to contact them, maybe on the back of the letter, contact details?
  • [Deleted User]
    I’m here waiting for my phone interview now haven’t slept all night, it’s not very nice getting that letter is it ? I suffer with mental health issues and this is doing me  no good at all, I hope your phone interview goes ok 

Brightness