PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review

Lasvegascaz
Lasvegascaz Community member Posts: 5 Courageous
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I had my review the other day for PIP. How long in Herts area are the decisions taking if anyone here has experienced this? 
Also has anyone had an MP contact the DWP on their behalf? 

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @Lasvegascaz Hi and welcome.
    You say you had a review for your PIP, was it just filling in the AR1 and or have you had an assessment again or both?

There will be others on here that can give you further advice on MP.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    You have to give it at least 6 weeks after a review for a decision before complaining
  • maureen54
    maureen54 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Just like to say I got s letter from pip yesterday I got  got 8 points fr daily living and 8 points fr mobility 
  • Lasvegascaz
    @Lasvegascaz Hi and welcome.
    You say you had a review for your PIP, was it just filling in the AR1 and or have you had an assessment again or both?

There will be others on here that can give you further advice on MP.

I have had enhanced care and mobility since 2015 to Dec 2018.I filled the form in and had the review as it was called on the letter.So a face to face ? I spoke to our local MP( David Gauke) recently about another local matter and mentioned the way the system works. He suggested I contact him when it's time for a review which I did his office emailed back and asked if they can used my letter and points raised to speak to the DWP on my behalf I said yes.
    I also had a text this morning saying they had received the assesors report.
    ____
    kyboy said:
    You have to give it at least 6 weeks after a review for a decision before complaining
  • Lasvegascaz
    Is that what you needed ? I hope so. How long did that take and was that your review ? 
    @Lasvegascaz As the DWP have now got the assessment report, I would advise you could phone the PIP helpline and ask for a copy of it, you would need to ask them for The for PA4 assesment form as you had a FTF it will not cause you any issues by asking for it. That will give you an indication of what the assesor has wrote regarding your FTF and give you an idea if you will be awarded.

As for the MP personally I woulden't trust him as their the cause of all this farce, but that's me you have to do what you think best.

As you've now had a text saying they've recieved the report now in the coming weeks the DWP CM will decide whether to award PIP or not.

Good luck.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Lasvegascaz
    Hi thanks . I will call the helpline next week. I doubt I will continue to get enhanced mobility. No one else seem to get it it seems. I will be stuck in with no way of getting out.
    Hi thanks . I will call the helpline next week. I doubt I will continue to get enhanced mobility. No one else seem to get it it seems. I will be stuck in with no way of getting out.
    @Lasvegascaz your most welcome.

Just try and be positive, I know it's hard, once you've recieved the report it will give you a better understanding of what's to come and if you feel it's not right or full of lies at least you can mount a challenge if and when you recieve the decision from the DWP CM, as you will have got the PA4 already you can prepare a Mandatory reconsideration case, if that then fails then you could and can take it to appeal.

Hopefully you will be ok. Please let us know how you get on.

Here is some info that maybe of use to you if you need to appeal, but remember don't give in because that's what they want. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/41568/pip-and-esa-the-victory-rate-for-people-appealing-for-disability-benefit-has-reached-69
    ⬇️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.