Advice for MR please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice for MR please

josie51
josie51 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

i went to a medical for PIP as I was receiving PIP and it is due to run out on 6th April this year, I took a family friend with me to the meeting. She made a note of what questions were asked and the answers I gave. I was in there for about an hour.

I have now receive a letter informing me that I have received no points for care or mobility and that my PIP will end on the 6th March this year but I had won my PIP on appeal and this was until 6th of April this year.

Can they stop my PIP now considering I won the appeal for pip and it was granted until 6th April this year.

I'm gonna ring them and ask them to send me a copy of the report and evidence they used.I will then write a letter asking them to reconsider depending on the report evidence I will have. Any advice please    

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Josie (?) @josie51 and welcome to the community. Very glad you found us.
    I'm not qualified to advise on benefits, but we have plenty here who are and they will get back to you in due course. Please bear with us and, if, in the meantime, there is anything else you would like help with, don't hesitate to get back to us.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi josie and welcome

Sorry to say that when a new decision is made it supercedes any previous award even when decided by a tribunal

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Just sounds a massive waste of time and money, going through all this year after year.

Somebody out there needs to realise this.

And the anxiety and stress it tells on claimants 

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    No disagreement here, @susan48
    Somehow we've got to make these b****rs wake up.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    One reason I am not doing the MR. If they decide not to change it, it will take a year to get to the appeal and the review is due the same year anyway. 

Can't put myself through all that.

I am going to gather evidence etc for my review. I have nothing else to send for MR.

I wonder what % of successful appeals then lose the next review?
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi whistles

That is a question I have asked elsewhere. It does seem that often an award by tribunal is not recognise at the next reveiw

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @josie51

As CR says, although ongoing PIP claims sometimes have what looks like an 'end' date, what this normally is is a review date. This being the case the review decision will supersede the existing one, unless it was unreasonable for the review to be carried out (which in your case it doesn't sound like it was).

In any event, arguing over the extra month is beside the point if your award will end in April anyway - unless your condition has improved and you're expecting not to get the PIP on review??

If you think you are entitled to PIP, get started on your MR - a copy of the medical report can help, but try to concentrate on how your conditions affect your daily living activities and mobility, rather than what nonsense is contained within the report. Citizens Advice have some good pointers:- https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/mandatory-reconsideration/  and the Benefits & Work PIP 'Self Test' is always handy :- https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-self-test

Good luck!

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• josie51
    josie51 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.