Employment and careers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What's the procedure for me to obtain medical evidence for my local jobcentre?

SystemSystem Posts: 532

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, we are the Employment Advisors, ask us a question.

Replies

• OutOfTheWorld99OutOfTheWorld99 Member Posts: 30 Connected
    Hi Everyone,

Can someone kindly state the exact procedure for me to obtain medical evidence for my local jobcentre as they are doubting something ?

My current GP says its the job centre who should be writing to him for this information, and feel i am going from one to the other regarding all this.

I have mental health issues and this situation is not helping as i have a big question mark hanging over me until i get this all sorted.Its been dragging on 2 months now and cant get a correct answer.

Any advice appreciated.
  • OutOfTheWorld99OutOfTheWorld99 Member Posts: 30 Connected
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi
    id have thought the job certain would have written to you GP?
    are you seeing anyone else for your mental health problems, as they might help
    it is your right to get your medical records though, maybe call CAB, they may know the best way to get help 
  • Mia_ScopeMia_Scope Member Posts: 32 Connected
    Hi @OutOfTheWorld99

Could you explain a bit more about what benefit this is regarding, and what medical evidence it is that is needed?

When you say that the Jobcentre are doubting something, have you clarified with them what it is that they are doubting? 

Have you tried explaining to them that your GP believes they should be writing to him for the information, and if so, what have they said?

Any further information you can provide will be helpful.

Kind regards, 

Mia

Mia
    Helpline Information Officer
    Phone: 0808 800 3333
    Email: [email protected]
Sign in or join us to comment.