Northern Ireland Waiting Times - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Northern Ireland Waiting Times

2»

Comments

• sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    @dee4848

Yes still waiting, I was hoping it would all be much quicker purely because of how quick everything went at the start.

Really hope all the waiting is worth it. 9 weeks from claim date!
    Shady.
  • kah22
    kah22 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    sdoc94 said:
    Can ANYONE from Northern Ireland please share their experiences of rough waiting times after assessment for a decision. My assessment was 18 days ago - I know its not overly long but im going crazy with worry!!
    Hi I’m from NI. I recently helped my GF. fill out a PIP form. Her condition is bipolar and with the help of her doctor and our local MLA she got a Paper Based Assessment.
    I thought that the decision would be much quicker but it doesn’t seem so. Here is her timetable
    Thurs 11 Jan DfC acknowledges receipt
    Two weeks later received confirmation that it would be a PBA
    Monday 12 March receive text from DfC that they have received the HP report with a guideline of about 4 weeks for decision to be made. That’s been our timescale

From my inquiries elsewhere; here in NI they won’t give you the HP report until after you’ve received notification as to whether your claim has been successful. Seemly this is wrong but you know our wee country likes to do things our own way

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.