MR awarded the same even though a stupid amount of new evidence was sent. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR awarded the same even though a stupid amount of new evidence was sent.

unoitsrong
unoitsrong Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all I’m really hoping you guys can help me, I was told by my head doctors to apply for PIP which I done and I only got awarded standard living rate even though I was expecting just enhanced mobility rate. The assessment failed me and a lot of things that was talked about never even got mentioned, I done a MR and supplied evidence that 100% met the criteria. Today I rang them and was told the award is still the same, this has baffled me completely as for example I was 1point away from enhanced based on there was no “evidence” for my stomach/bowel issues, even though they had a list of medication, I sent off another lot of evidence which included a prescription for the medication I’m on for that issue, an old consultation report describing about the issue and also a letter from my gp confirming I had the issue and had various tests/examinations aborted due to the pain caused but that the issue is there and I’ve had this since I child plus I’ve had numerous medications for this over the years too. There is a whole lot more that I don’t want to bore you all with but how can they said I didn’t get the points on that question because of no evidence (even though there was) I supplied a lot more to back that claim up and I still didn’t get awarded the extra points?? How is that possible?? It’s there in black and white? I’m confused, frustrated and damn right annoyed. I’d really appreciate any help on what to do and how to just get awarded for the issues I have. Thank you very much in adnvace and I’m sorry for going on.
all the best x

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all I’m really hoping you guys can help me, I was told by my head doctors to apply for PIP which I done and I only got awarded standard living rate even though I was expecting just enhanced mobility rate. The assessment failed me and a lot of things that was talked about never even got mentioned, I done a MR and supplied evidence that 100% met the criteria. Today I rang them and was told the award is still the same, this has baffled me completely as for example I was 1point away from enhanced based on there was no “evidence” for my stomach/bowel issues, even though they had a list of medication, I sent off another lot of evidence which included a prescription for the medication I’m on for that issue, an old consultation report describing about the issue and also a letter from my gp confirming I had the issue and had various tests/examinations aborted due to the pain caused but that the issue is there and I’ve had this since I child plus I’ve had numerous medications for this over the years too. There is a whole lot more that I don’t want to bore you all with but how can they said I didn’t get the points on that question because of no evidence (even though there was) I supplied a lot more to back that claim up and I still didn’t get awarded the extra points?? How is that possible?? It’s there in black and white? I’m confused, frustrated and damn right annoyed. I’d really appreciate any help on what to do and how to just get awarded for the issues I have. Thank you very much in adnvace and I’m sorry for going on.
    all the best x
    Hi 
    I don’t think many people are successful with the MR, why they are not is anyone’s guess. Not really any point in having that in place if it’s not working, my opinion.

id say contact the CAB or local Law Centre for face to face advice and help with an appeal.

it will tell you on the letter from DWP about timescales etc for appealing their decision.

I understand how frustrating and stressful this is.

Susan
  • unoitsrong
    Thank you for your reply Susan. Yes I agree there is literally no point having this MR If it’s not taken seriously, there was a lot more but I’m just completely baffled how I addressed that one situation with numerous evidence and proof, the things they said they never had the first time around. They basically said no points because it was no proof, I’ve supplied the proof and they said “so, answers still no” it does not make sense in the slightest to me.

• susan48
    I don’t know really why this process is so difficult and stressful.

id definitely get face to face help to prepare for appeal.
    i appealed my decision, I won but it’s taken its toll on my mental health.

i didn’t seek help except a friend but if I’m in that situation again I’d definitely get the help.

• unoitsrong
    My issues are mainly mental health. How long does this process take and what was the tribunal like? Is there anything Extra i have to get for it or any advice you can give me or warnings etc x
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP make the process hard because they don't want people to receive PIP.  Don't let the b******* get you down as 69% of appeals succeed at tribunal.  I went from standard both components to enhanced both components  after appeal.  And people have reported on here that they have gone from nothing to enhanced after appeal!

Many assessors are either incompetent or dishonest or both - and tribunals are well aware of this.
  • susan48
    Hi @unoitsrong
    My issues are mainly mental health. How long does this process take and what was the tribunal like? Is there anything Extra i have to get for it or any advice you can give me or warnings etc x
    My problems are also mental health.
    It only took from November, f2f assessment to appeal at the end of February but it all depends, I know someone in the same area it took 6 months.
    The truth of my experience at the tribunal was, the panel were all nice, the professor was a tad stand-offish but I had to answer the questions.
    they were 45 minutes behind so I was extremely anxious by the time I was seen.

the did ask my friend at the end a couple of questions but tbh I can’t remember what they asked, expect how I managed going to the dentist and hairdressers!!

I sent new prescription list as meds changed and a letter my gp received from psychology, I hadn’t seen it or was aware of it.

they did have the evidence I sent in but unsure if the read it.
    My advise would be, get professional help, at tribunal be prepared for answering questions, who know what they will ask, so it’s hard to prepare for questions.

I found it very emotional and stressful but I don’t cope with those things very well.

I hope this helps, a bit anyway 

Susan
  • unoitsrong
    Susan I appreciate all the help and advice, I’ve been stressed all morning and I understand how you feel because my mental health is so bad too. But thank you for this, it’s calmed me down a bit now.
  • susan48
    If your mental health is suffering I would go to see your doctor or tell your mental health professional.

Iv struggled with insomnia since all this started but , fingers crossed, with medication I actually slepted, only woke twice, last night.

Mmm maybe the wine helped  ;)
  • Henry
    Henry Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    MR    Form.    Where   can   u   get  one   please    as I  would   like to c it.
    Thank   you. 

B.....rds  is  a  very  light word  for  them. 
  • susan48
    I did my MR on the phone so I’m unsure, check out the DWP website unless anyone else know 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.