Refused higher rate of mobility — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused higher rate of mobility

Shona1
Shona1 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am awaiting a pip appeal . I have cerebral Palsy but was refused hight rate of mobility after gaining 0 for planning and carrying out a Journey unaided. I scored 10 in the other component due to reliance on physical aids and my sister to get about. Their seemed to be a over emphasis on my ability to travel to work in my motability car in my assessment. I rely on my sister to drive me a few days a week all the time to travel elsewhere. I am in severe medications which can cause drowsiness which combined with the cerebral palsy can make driving unsafe. I don’t understand what more is needed when my medical reports and a recent letter show my reliance on others and my anxiety of falling alone that I described. My employment is desk based in small office with parking outside. Without the car I will be stuck in my house. I am very anxious as this feels like they r taking the small degree of independence I have. They even commented on how articulate and social I was when my sister was supporting me and tried to help answer questions. This process is having severe impact on my mental health and I don’t know if I am failing in my explanations or if needing my sister to go out both physically and mentally to unfamiliar places doesn’t count as they say. I can’t use public transport even if we lived on a main transport route. I even got a letter for the mandatory reconsideration from my doctor to state the falls had not only impacted me physically but mentally also. They said no they took it in to consideration then over a week after another reconsideration stating they had now received the letter but had still decided I could plan and carry out a Journey unaided. I am totally at a loss as to what I need to do in preparation for an appeal. Can anyone help me understand this category as I can only go on unfamiliar Journeys as well as most familiar Journeys if driven their and given physical help. 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.