Capita home assessments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita home assessments

Options
CockneyRebel
CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
One of the things that Capita assessors seem to be doing more frequently is either arriving very earl or not arriving at all but claim they waited fotr 15 mins..

In both cases they then claim that you are not in and return your file. They quote the colour of your front door as proof.
So watch out for a strange car arriving an hour early. If the HCP has not arrived within 5 mins of the appointed time ring DWP and or assessment company, preferably from a land line if you have one, this will give you a time stamp as proof you were at home

CR
Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi CockneyRebel.
    They did this to me if you remember.However they had made a genuine mistake as the house they described wasn’t by us as all our doors are green.Thank goodness for google maps as DWP checked this and were satisfied it was their mistake. So if anyone gets a mistaken description just confirm with DWP and your case is sent back to Capita without you losing out.
        Debsidoo.x
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi debsidoo

Yes I do remember, one of the reasons I have been looking out for it on other forums. It only seems to be Capita at the moment but they also do a higher percentage of home visits.

For some reason, some HCP's seem to be doing a "drive by" so details are correct. I suspect that they get a payment for a "no show " and can then fit more in

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • ataloss2018
    ataloss2018 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up CR.

Isn't it disgusting that they would do such a thing and consequently deny people the benefits that they rightly deserve, what is more frightening is these very people work in the NHS and make clinical judgements on patients health everyday, if they can lie about attending a claimants house when they didn't, lie when filling out assessment forms what else are they willing to lie about in their chosen profession.

Rant over.

• sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    Options
    I had a home appt at 9.15am. The assessor turned up at 8.10 am.  I was still asleep and let her in before I realised the time. She tried to persuade me to go ahead with thr assessment even though I told her my OT was attending and wasn't due for an hour. She then asked couod she wait in my flat for an hour until the OT arrived. By this time I flipped and said no way, I would feel too uncomfortable.  She sighed and said she would wait outside in her car. I honestly didn't think she would sit in the car for an hour as it was snowing (which made me feel worse) but she did! My OT was really annoyed and told me in front of her it was good I waited. But it upset me for the entire assesment and I felt at a disadvantage. 
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    Options
    @sandyp196 Hi have you had your decision yet ? 
  • sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    Options
    dee4848 said:
    dee4848 said:
    Hello no I haven't had a decision yet. I was fine up until this week but now the uncertainty is getting stressful.
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    Options
    @sandyp196 Hope you hear soon 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.