Requesting a MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Requesting a MR

Options
kah22
kah22 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
Im now putting together an argument for our MR. I’m a bit confused as to the actual timings 

I understand you have 30 days from the date on the award letter but is this just to request a MR or have you to send in all of your arguments by this date?

The reason I’m asking is that I’ve requested the assessors report and a SAR as I feel there is information in there that I was not aware of ie Capita phoned our psychiatrist and well I don’t know what was said, what notes were taken, was there a recording made. Until I receive that information it’s not possible to do a full MR

What to do?

Kevin

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's 28 days from award letter date for the whole MR request to be received by DWP.  You could ask if in the circumstances DWP would grant an extension, but there's no guarantee.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can send in your MR request on time but with a proviso that you will be submitting further evidence and that they should not carry out the MR until received. They do not have to comply though

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.