should i ask for a pip review - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

should i ask for a pip review

2»

Comments

• shazier
    shazier Community member Posts: 82 Pioneering
    really sounds like a DWP error, I hope cab sorts this out for you fairly quickly.  It does sound like they owe you back pay.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    deb74 said:
    hi cockney rebel. i am a complete dinosaur when it comes to technology.  i haven't go a clue what a screen shot is.
    Lol so am I, I may know a little about some benefits but first time someone told me to re boot the computer I thought I had to kick it :)
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I saw a post from someone else with this issue on a different forum a while back. She had 13 points for daily living, bit was only given standard rate. She didn't ask for a review; she just called the DWP and said that she thought there had been a mistake. She called about 4 times, and they eventually agreed, changed it to enhanced, and paid her backpay. Enhanced entitled her to an extra disability premium as well. 

They didn't reassess her, just checked the mistake, but I don't know if that's what they always do. I suspect that the CAB would be the best to deal with this. You could also tell your MP. They can often help with this stuff.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    hi waylay. i think it is happening a lot! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.