Capita Complaint — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita Complaint

Options
Annabelle26
Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have now received a reply from the Independent Case Examiner.   They wanted more information about the Assessment .  They also asked what I wanted to happen.  I asked that Capita tell the DWP the Assessment is wrong and pay the benefit without having to go through the Tribunal process or another Assessment but that might be difficult. I also asked for an apology and compensation for the problems and stress the wrong information caused.  The air was full of flying pigs as I was doing the reply.

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Annabelle26,

I know what you mean! However, it is always a good idea when complaining to say what you want to happen. Capita telling the DWP the assessment is wrong - well it could happen! They don't make the benefit decision but it would then leave the DWP to remake the decision based on your PIP2 or any other evidence they have....which IS possible, so you could ask for that.

Apology and compensation definitely. Try and put a figure on the compensation if you can (hard I know, but lost benefit times number of weeks....plus cost & stress - it's going to be a lot).

Another thought would be to ask that ICE keep statistics of all complaints about ATOS and Capita, highlight these in their annual report and/or produce a separate report about the evidence they've received that PIP assessments are causing stress and misery by being of such poor quality, and that they make recommendations that assessments should be scrapped or at least, be done by the public sector.

Worth a try! If you haven't involved your MP directly, that is another option (you don't have to be taking the complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman to involve your MP).

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.