Refused PIP home visit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused PIP home visit

smart754
smart754 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good morning. I am in the middle of changing over to the PIP process from DLA. My doctor supplied a letter saying that her opinion I should have a home visit due to my mental & physical conditions which I forwarded to the DWP. I then received a letter from Capita giving me an appointment some 25 mile away.  I phoned Capita and explained that I had sent in an a letter from my doctor I was told they don't get to see it if unless they go into my file they cancelled the appointment offered to me and said they would put my doctors letter to the powers that be. Iv just had a phone call telling me they have refused my home visit request and given me an appointment in 10 days time I've been told I can't cancel again as they cancelled the first appointment which was through no fault of my own if I do not attend this new appointment then that's it it's turned down I've not been able to leave the house for nearly a month again with physical & mental conditions so now I'm in a corner if I don't attend that's it if I was to find a slim chance of getting out then I'm saying both me & my doctor were wrong they are telling me I have no right to appeal no other doctors letters will be considered. Can any one please advice me if there is anything I can do in desperate and any help would be appreciated. Thank you Steve.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Steve and welcome

Usually for a home visit to be granted your GP letter needs to be very specific in that you cannot attend an assessment centre and why

You may now have a bit of a fight on your hands. They are telling you wrong that you cannot cancel the next appointment, as they cancelled the first one.

First you need to talk to your GP to see if they will give you a specific letter, without this you have no option but to attend,

If your GP agrees then you can ask to talk to a manager and or the DWP.

You might also involve your local MP

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • smart754
    smart754 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you very much for your advice. My first tine on here and grateful.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.