PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Help with MR form

SystemSystem Posts: 571

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Planning a journey ?.

Replies

• april123april123 Member Posts: 137 Pioneering
    Trying to word Mr form correctly to take to CAB on Friday for there advice @CockneyRebel any more advice I'm also looking at banking part as assors asked what job I did, then has used it to say intelligence job.  But this was 15 years ago before accident, pain and meds marked all social side 0 .
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @april123, is it your MR letter that you're working on? If so, this tool from AdviceNow may help!
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    @april123
    i had the very same thing written on my assessment report, worked in banking for 10 years!! That was 5 years ago!!
    in my tribunal letter I did bring this up saying  yes I did work in a bank but that has absolutely no bearings on how I am today. And unsure as to why that was relevant.

@susan48 did you query it. What response did you get
    @april123,
    i unfortunately wasn’t aware of the ins and outs of procedures etc and was really confused. I did the MR on the phone, was advised I didn’t need new evidence. Wrong.

anyway I wrote about previous bank job in my appeal letter but it wasn’t brought up at the appeal.
    the job I was doing before I was ill was mentioned though.

as previous message, I wrote it wasn’t relevant as to my claim/assessment and had nothing to do with anything.

hope that helps abit
    Thank you @susan48 how did you get on I've spent all day and sort of done just keep wanting to change it so indecisive did you have much to disagree with I had 5 things not happy with but trying to pick my battles see if it helps win the war
    @april123
    i won the appeal, thankfully.
    I brought up maybe 4-5 things in Appeal letter.
    i didn’t know as much then as I do now thanks to this great site.

if you’v wrote it, leave it for today, you’ll just make your anxiety worse.
    If you could either get CAB to check it or a family member or friend that might help put your mind at rest for a bit.
    i didn’t do the MR by paper, which I should have, but just try and relax tonight and look again at it tomorrow when you’v rested, maybe not sleep so good but rest.

Thank you 
    Going to rest
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 521 Pioneering
    On my MR form I said that I was not a mentally ill person, nor was I uneducated and I would be very insulted if anybody thought otherwise.
    just because you have had good education, qualifications, a good job or anything else.
    this does not mean that your disability does not affect you on a day to day life.
    good luck with the MR.
    im waiting for a decision on mine which I don’t expect to be successful 
    @lillybelle
    you very right in what you said, it’s often invisible and hidden well, we have trained ourselves to do this, rightly or wrongly.

good luck with your MR, let us know 
Sign in or join us to comment.