Worried — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried

littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
hi guys I no I'm not alone in the dreaded p.i.p review application etc.i sent in all my paper work,with a lot of evidence so was feeling quite confident .rang p.i.p too see how it was going .and when I would be getting a visit that I requested at home .i have multiple problems that started after 2014 when I had breast cancer .this resulted in permanent problems ,chronic fatigue,Fybro ,perineal nurapathy ,bad anxiety and agoraphobic problems .there saying I have too go in.i had a home visit first time ,them 2 had time went too them.was in tears the whole time ,Dident cope with it at all .resulted in points drop !.and I Dident have the fight in me too appeal.i feel defeated again already .any ideas please .ive emailed my m.p thank you 

Comments

• charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering

Hi littleruthie, no you are not alone, sending you positive thoughts and a (((((hug)))),  Super, knowledgeable

people on here, who most probably will be able to help.  Just wanted to say hi, and welcome to the group.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • littleruthie123
    Ah thanks Charlene hello too you as well x
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    Im sorry to hear that @littleruthie123

When did you get your results from them?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • littleruthie123
    I haven't been to the appointment yet.im hoping I can still try and get a home visit somehow lol.otherwise I will just have too go I suppose .......
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Ok, sorry @littleruthie123 I was confused then!

Do you usually have home visits from your GP? If so can they write you a letter explaining why it is important for you?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • littleruthie123
    Hi I usually have phone consultations  with my doc .she did me a great report .but we did say I use council community transport for hospital visits .which proberly  was a bad idea I think now 
  • littleruthie123
    Is it capita or dip who decided who needs home visit I'm confused?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi littleruthie and welcome

Ok it is Capita that decide whether you need a home visit.
    The only way now to get a home visit is for your GP to Write a letter stating catagorically that you cannot atten their centre and why. There is no room for maybe's or might be's it has to be a definate cannot attend

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • cobra
    cobra Community member Posts: 36 Pioneering
    Hi @littleruthie123
    @CockneyRebel
    I’d Requested DWP for a home visit for PIP assessment which I reckon was a big mistake as when you’re at home you tend to be relaxed as you’re comfortable in your own elements. I know it’s painful to attend at DWP’s centre. 
    What I suggest is to go in a taxi (court will pay reasonable to/from centre costs)
    Get a wheelchair (if you haven’t got one, there are charities which will loan - some free some nominal charge. Go with a friend who can push you to /from the taxi. 
    In my case which I got tremendous support and encouragement on this site especially from @Matilda
    @CockneyRebel and others. After I’d sent my paperwork to the court and before the tribunal I got a call and I was awarded (partly) in my favour. So please don’t give up if you think you’re in your rights. Good luck.
    @cobra
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi cobra

You are right about being more relaxed in your own home, you are used to managing in your own environment.
    Some people, especially if they have MH or agrophobia just will not be able to attend an assessment centre even by taxi
    Sorry but I cannot condone using a wheelchair if your do not normally use one, you are laying your self open to possible investigation.
    Always be truthful, but don't hide the truth. We get used to putting on a brave face and hiding how we truly are, you must let the assessor see the real you no matter how painful that might be

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • cobra
    cobra Community member Posts: 36 Pioneering
    I only said that if he’s unable to walk long distance with all that pain and not for any other reasons. Some centres are not that near to where you can reasonably dropped of by a taxi.
    i apologise if my wordings were not correct and no time I can suggest anyone to do any other way.
  • littleruthie123
    Thanks all for advice .it took weeks too get a descent report from doctor ,don't think she will be keen asking her again. I was lucky she did that one .if I'm having a flare I'm just going too go as I am,I'm sure I will get penalised so will try and prepare myself for an appeal 
  • littleruthie123
    Well changed my mine and decided I will just have too be patient and stick too my guns.i spoke too a welfare adviser who has now spoken too capita ,and I'm just waiting for a cover letter from doctor.ive felt so down about this .but trying too get the bit of fight back I need.ive been through hell the last few years medically and physically ,my whole life has changed so I'm not giving in for now anyway!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed for you, @littleruthie123!
  • littleruthie123
  • littleruthie123
    I had too fight for sick pay first at work ,then fight with pain clinic after breast cancer treatment .then still fight too get proper diagnois ,then care at home with social workers too ,so it's just yet anther one .does it ever end ......l
  • littleruthie123
    Hi still waiting for doctors letter too confirm not having too go too there centre for a face to face.ive just realised its been well over two weeks there had my  forms.but haven't offered me any appointment at all yet .has anyone else experienced this please?
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi Littleruthie
    They had my forms 10 weeks before I was given an appointment for my F2F, so I wouldnt worry.
    Good luck
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi Littleruthie
    They had my forms 10 weeks before I was given an appointment for my F2F, so I wouldnt worry.
    Good luck 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.