I feel very cheated and frustrated, as they've rejected my Mandatory reconsideration. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel very cheated and frustrated, as they've rejected my Mandatory reconsideration.

rash72
rash72 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone . I feel very cheated and frustrated, as they've rejected my Mandatory reconsideration. So now I'm going to have to appeal. 
I was awarded pip in June 2016, yet my mental and physical health had/ has worsened since, and I can't for the life of me comprehend their absolutely unfair decision. 
Sorry I needed to rant...... I'm just soo angry at the lack of every thing.  Made me wait a whole 6 weeks for this

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @rash72 and a very warm welcome to the community. Glad you have found us.
    Do not apologise for ranting - rant away. Sometimes it is the only way to release a little bit of the pressure that is piled onto us, and we're here to listen.
    I'm not qualified to give you much advice on this, but we do have excellent people here who are and I have no doubt they will soon be in touch with you.
    In the meantime you might like to have a look at this resource on Appealing a DWP decision. I think it might help, and you may find other useful stuff in the same thread.
    Hope that helps a bit. Meanwhile stay in touch and - again - rant away if it helps, or just chat :smile:  We're here for you, and listening.
    Tagging @BenefitsTrainingCo
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard @JennysDad

• Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    Join the club.  I was claiming DLA was told to apply for PIP only for the Health Assessor to decide after a consultation lasting 20 mins that I did not need it so was refused it.  I am now waiting for a Tribunal date.  To make matters worse my ESA has been stopped, the Mandatory Review not allowed as because I was too ill to attend some previous Health Assessments it is a pattern of avoidance.  I was told this this morning by a real jobsworth decision maker who seemed gleeful when she caused me to burst into tears & have an anxiety attack.  I have to wait for the decision letter before I can appeal.  I have been forced to apply for JSA until it is sorted.
  • JennysDad
    Really, really sorry to hear this @Annabelle26 but - sadly - not, of course, surprised. One wonders what on earth is wrong with people these days.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard @JennysDad
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Esa should be independent from your pip claim.
    I lost pip and some esa, not all of it.
    Were you filling in their forms as well?
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    Welcome to the community @rash72
    Im sorry to hear you've had a tough time of it :(

We have a great video by @Debbie_Scope about going from MR to tribunal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tDSlsityY
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Annabelle26
    I agree lillybelle.  I started to claim ESA in 2011 & was put in the unable to work support group.   I received the Benefit regularly and no mention was made of having to go to regular reviews.  Last year I was asked to apply for PIP after receiving DLA for life .  A couple of months after starting the PIP application it was decided my ESA needed reviewing.   Also whenever you ring the DWP they always ask if you are claiming any other benefits. 
  • rash72
    rash72 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank youuuuu jennysdad and Sam. Could you please advise me on how I can get the full report of the assessor?  
    Thank-you 
  • JennysDad
    Hi @rash72
    @Sam_Scope can answer this question better than I can, so I've tagged her in and I'm sure she will get back to you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • whistles
    I agree lillybelle.  I started to claim ESA in 2011 & was put in the unable to work support group.   I received the Benefit regularly and no mention was made of having to go to regular reviews.  Last year I was asked to apply for PIP after receiving DLA for life .  A couple of months after starting the PIP application it was decided my ESA needed reviewing.   Also whenever you ring the DWP they always ask if you are claiming any other benefits. 
    So they have moved you into the work group and reduced it?
  • Annabelle26
    No they have done nothing except stopped my benefit & rejected my mandatory review.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @rash72, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this too. :/ The system is, indeed, unfair - I'd go so far as to say that it's stacked against us. 

About 80% of MRs give the same result as the original decision, so it's probably not anything you did wrong, if that helps. :/ Although one thing to remember is that they don't care what your condition(s) are - they want to know how your conditions affect your function.

Feel free to come on here and have a rant whenever. A lot of us do!
  • Waylay
    @Annabelle26 Ah, I see. I'm no expert, but I think what you need to do now is to apply to the tribunal (HMCTS) to get another assessment. I don't know if it'll work, though, because if you miss the assessment, they usually close your claim. You might be better off reapplying, but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone can advise you better than me! @Sam_Scope, do you know who might be able to answer this?

I'd make an appointment with your local CAB or Welfare Rights people, ASAP! 
  • whistles
    No they have done nothing except stopped my benefit & rejected my mandatory review.
    They can't just stop it without giving you a reason.
    If they have moved you from support to wrag did you miss an appointment. 
    They will sanction if you do without 'good reason'.
  • Waylay
    @whistles It sounds like she missed her assessment.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.