How can I speed up the PIP appeal court process? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How can I speed up the PIP appeal court process?

hannahajyre1
hannahajyre1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all
New to this forum desperate for help. My partner applied for PIP in December 2016. He was denied, put in a mandatory reconsideration with nedical evidence, denied again. We then proceeded with taking the appeal to the courts. We have been waiting 43 weeks now for a date of appointment. In this time my partners condition has worsened severely and his mental health has been severely impacted. 
I am just wondering how we can possibly speed up this process, if there is any way? I have contacted the advisor given to my partner over 42 weeks ago but yet awaiting a phone call back. It is grinding me down trying to keep him from hurting himself whilst also keeping his mental health positive whilst doctors have lost his MRI scan prolonging further spinal consultations, on top of us having a 4 year old boy and a 2year old boy to take care of.
We have no support what so ever, and desperately need this claim to financially support travel from Huddersfield to Sheffield for hospital appointments and an operation. 
Any help will be greatly appreciated, as we are only young my partner is 26 and has the spine of an 80yr old, I'm 27 and have no idea where we go from here.
Thanks guys

Comments

• Ladypetal
    Ladypetal Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    I'm sorry that this is happening to you. Try the Citizens Advice Bureau and Mind, they may be able to get you an Advocate to support you too. All the best x
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Phone the Tribunal Clerk and ask if they can give you an estimated date.  Have you told them you'll accept a short-notice hearing date?
  • hannahajyre1
    hannahajyre1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi all, thank you for suggestions. I haven't said anything to the courts only rang a few times to see if a date has been appointed. I am going to contact PIP directly and wait on the support worker to contact back. Cheers guys

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.