Capita closed my case — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita closed my case

kay12345
kay12345 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had a face to face assesment at my home with capita and they have closed my case and said my case has been sent back to assesor who came out to my home

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kay12345, welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear this- do you want to tell us a bit more about what happened and how we can help you?
  • kay12345
    Hiya pippa yeah I had capita come out to my home and I was assesed 
    And capita did my report when I rang capita they said my case is closed and dwp are sayinh they havnt received my report so dont know whats happening x
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear this, @kay12345. I've forwarded this post onto our benefits advisors who will hopefully be able to clarify what your next steps should be.
  • kay12345
    Thanks pippa I rang dwp and capita and there saying now my claim has gone back to the assesor who did my assessment
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    This happened too me last time .so it too longer but they never said te case had closed 
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    This happened too me last time .so it too longer but they never said te case had closed 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Kay12345

This sounds like maladministration to me - i.e. like someone's hit the 'close' button when they shouldn't have.

My advice would be to stay on their backs about it - keep calling them (at least every other day) until you're satisfied the issue is resolved, and if it's still persisting within a week, I'd recommend putting a complaint in writing to both capita and the DWP asking them to please rectify the situation without further delay.

Hopefully they've already seen the error from your call today, but don't count on it!

Best wishes, and let us know how you're getting on with it!

Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Kay12345

This sounds like maladministration to me - i.e. like someone's hit the 'close' button when they shouldn't have.

My advice would be to stay on their backs about it - keep calling them (at least every other day) until you're satisfied the issue is resolved, and if it's still persisting within a week, I'd recommend putting a complaint in writing to both capita and the DWP asking them to please rectify the situation without further delay.

Hopefully they've already seen the error from your call today, but don't count on it!

Best wishes, and let us know how you're getting on with it!

Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:

• kay12345
    Hi everyone thanks for replying I rang the dwp now my claim is with a decision maker how long does it take to get a decision?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.