I want to get a disability card for ID — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I want to get a disability card for ID

Options
myrna73
myrna73 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have signed up on Behalf of my daughter  Sophia whose 12 . Sophia has autism [location removed by moderator]

Comments

• myrna73
    myrna73 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I wanted to get a disability card for her as an ID and pass for cinemas transport and public places in general and airports . Sometimes she get overwhelmed and needs to skip a que 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @myrna73
    Welcome to the community.

There isnt one official ID card for disabled people, does your daughter claim any benefits?

If they are in receipt of PIP then there are cards you can get from the cinema and for travel.  And for public places, your PIP letter is proof for many places.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    does that work the same with dla letters as proof?

life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    I believe so, but it is always worth getting in touch with the places you are visiting to see what access they have and what you need.

The CEA cinema card allows you a free carer ticket and for travel, you need to check your local transport website.
    Scope
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    First off, I know what I am about to share is a rather different sinario, but i will share it with you all as I think it is funny. I once tried to get an ID card as I was getting asked for ID everywhere I went (bars, clubs.etc) and I am an adult.Some of the bars I no longer go to because of this.  I went to my local Police Station and back then, they said that there was not any official ID cards available. 
    Fast forward to today, I don't get asked as much but I still don't have a card.

CS
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @myrna73
    I have removed your daughter's school name and location from your post due to online safety. If you'd like to read more about online safety, take a look here.
    Scope

Brightness