FRIDAY AGAIN HERE WE GO ONCE MORE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

FRIDAY AGAIN HERE WE GO ONCE MORE

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello my friends and everybody. Here we go again. Must be Friday. The horrible brown envelope dropping through my letterbox. Always a Friday always another benefit assessment looming on the horizon.

This time for PIP. Anxiety beginning already thinking of the consequences  Reading the letter and the fatal words have to ring this number by a certain date.

Been on to websites checking eligibility and seems that  I get enhanced for both. Daily living and mobility .

Already getting to me. Questions well so complex and confusing.

So now am like the many of my lovely friends and of the community. Beginning to realise . The possible outcomes. Being positive when ringing on Monday.  Write down what I need to say though always do have not a Scooby what they will say. Though have a look at information supplied.

Only changes really have no mental health support  Wonder if they will ask that. Is that relevant do not think so.. Thing is much worse some days.  Even with that support now gone, finding hard to adapt. See much as I can to help myself. Have these days.

Thanks SCOPE and the welfare and support I can get. From CAB also Welfare rights.

Anyway enough said but thought I would let you all know. As member of this community.  I try and be there for all of you.

Speak soon once again into the misty murky world of benefits and assessments for the umpteenth time. How many more times?
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh Im sorry to hear this @thespiceman - remember we are here for you!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    You've been so helpfyto scope members with your advice, so having to go for another acessment will bring your exspearances right up to date and we shall all wait for your results, good luck and best wishes.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Sam_Scope Thanks very much. Just like everybody in this position. Your life in there hands.

So many times though whether it is the old DLA or Income Support or Incapacity Benefit.  ESA some times there has to be a time to say to some one like me and others who are in similar scenarios.

Look we know you are ill and disabled but we will not need to assess you. Because you are not going to get better.

Stay as you are.  Transfer you and leave you alone. This time things have got worse. Will say that and have no support. Just finished three year contract with mental health charity.

Even told do not ring us or we do not want you back  Charming I thought. Simply trying to find replace services non existent

Used all them around where I live and they do want me back any of them. This is why I am always concerned for others who like me. Have no support.

Understand just see what happens Monday. Need to compose myself. Write what I need to say and answer questions to the best of my ability.

Checked SCOPE websites information and relevant welfare.

Thanks for kind message

Hope you OK .

Take care speak soon

@the spiceman.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @wilko thank you very much.

Just once again as I keep saying.

In my early fifties still doing this.

One of the recommendations I think is the age factor. Have to go through all that. Surely it is common sense. Not getting better but worse. How is taking me to a medical if I am going down that road to help with my solutions for daily living.

Lose the car as well if that does happen. Doctor last time said to me. Need some help and support to get out. The car helps me with that. Have no car the worst scenario then am trapped in.

Only had the car couple months.

My heart and emotions all over the place but at the same time. Consider and know others as many of my lovely friends

Have lost the battle to end up losing their independence and support.  There health and well being. Feel for them as many others.

Understand do wish to go through all this. Like we all of us.

Have heart and hope and wait and see.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • alburybetty
    alburybetty Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I hope that it changes but I actually don't think it will, the system would need to be completely overhauled and to bring in professionals who have a greater understanding of disability especially the effect that a long term physical disability has on ones general health, wishing you all the best and good luck for the future 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Good luck @thespiceman! We're here for you!
  • thespiceman
    Hello @lillybelle Thank you for support.  Understand I agree with your comments.

Understand every body's struggle.

Has been a cross party support for changes but if your like me. Reading all the webpages and keeping up to date. On all disability matters.

ATOS and Capita

Both companies are not in my opinion fit for purpose.  Yet the Government argues against taking away the contracts.

All of us know that on reflection. What is needed is legality and some challenges to the whole system. Unfair and caused much damage to our community.

Sorry to say it will not change am afraid. Not only for those like myself but as we all of us age older the support and dignity of our community is being eroded.

Hope and pray for all those in my situation.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Waylay How are you? Thank you for kind words.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @alburybetty   Thank you . How are you?
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Waylay
    Hi @thespiceman. I'm ok. Still working on appeal submission, but I have a kitten, which is making life much, much better. ?
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Waylay Good to hear from you. Sorry seems like you are in a position of needing some support.

Thoughts here anything you can or need to ask. Please do. Am sure someone can help here.

Our community or the team.

Having a pet is a good idea stress reliever. Mine is my music or the garden.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • gwen65
    gwen65 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    hell yes they obviously do it on purpose so you have the weekend to get all stressed about it i've had my pip through but don't get enough for motobility so after the appeal i'm going to make i will be housebound thanks a lot dwp 
  • Waylay
    @thespiceman Hiya :) I wish I could do the garden! I love gardening. Alas, back problems. Music, yes! Constantly. ?

I lost my two 19yo ladies 2.5 and 2 years ago, and at first I couldn't imagine getting more cats, but recently... I couldn't afford it, tho. I was getting really severely depressed, tho, and had to call a friend in the middle of the night because I was suicidal. My partner decided it was time for a kitty, and paid for everything! I'm very lucky!

I have 2 ATM, as I took another to re-home it (the lady who sold them to me was being evicted). Falling in love with him, too, tho! 

Meet Nemi and Trouble. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.